• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FW Vintage flying museum

Reaction score
This Saturday Sept. 5th the Vintage Flying Museum in Fort Worth is holding and open house and airplane rides in a B29 (FIFI) and a P-51 as well as several others, from 9 until 4..
Anybody want to meet for Bfast then go over??
I`m thinking Heavens Gate Restaurant on North main, only a few blocks away at 8..

I would love to get a ride on FiFi! Can't imagine it is cheap though. My B-17 ride on Texas Raider was $400 for about 20 minutes with 7-8 other paying passengers aboard with us.

FiFi was at Houston Executive in 2010 or somewhere around there. I wanna say rides were like $900 then.

It sure was fun listening to her engines start up.

A couple of guys I know were qualified flight engineers on it. And one headed up the project when they re-engined it when they were still in Midland..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

At the rate this crap year is going, it might be the first since 2011 that I don't crew on TR. They're starting to do some short hops again, and this weekend would be great, as we now have TR, the Twin Beech, and a just got SNJ, the Navy version of the T-6 trainer. They're all going to Fayetteville hosted by Matt Younkin who does a great airshow in his Twin Beech (C-45) and "Doc" the other flying B-29 will be there. Insert stream of expletives HERE.
If you can go see these great sights, go.

FIFI rides are $1695 save $100 if you book ahead online.

P-51 rides are $1999 for 30 minutes and $ 3099 for 50 minutes.

And Fifi still needs funding support above that, as it's so expensive to operate.

P-51 rides are so high because..... well, they can only take one person at a time! :dude:

Some members of our little Saturday morning breakfast ride group have been Jonesing big time for the P-51 ride .
At a recent Cavenaugh Flight museum open house I took a Huey ride for $90 ( all I could afford at the time) and we were all watching the P-51 buzz back and forth across Addison. The mention of Credit Union loans came up shortly after!
At the end of the Huey ride (Addison up to Denton and back) we were calling the ride the North Dallas swimming pool tour. Ha!

Attachments

• SAM_1159.JPG
    SAM_1159.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 143
  • SAM_1143.JPG
    SAM_1143.JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 139
  • SAM_1155.JPG
    SAM_1155.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 151
  • SAM_1152.JPG
    SAM_1152.JPG
    622.1 KB · Views: 135
Does it seem odd both pilot and co-pilot are not eye's front?

Haha.
That's what's called "forgetting to fly the airplane" when troubleshooting a problem.

Back