• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gaerne Boots

tperk314

Forum Supporter
Hey Folks...I am ordering a pair of Gaerne G.Adventure boots for an Alaskan ride later in the month. Unfortunately...there doesn't appear to be any actual dealers in the DFW area that sell the boot, where I could go to try on a pair.

Has anyone purchased a pair of any type of Gaerne boots lately? Curious about the sizing. I normally wear size 9 1/2 to 10 in regular shoes or tennis, but wear a 11 in my Fox Comp5 bike boots. Will probably buy from Rocky Mtn & they have free return & exchange for wrong sizes, but would like to avoid all that. Thanks.

JMZ

First Name
MONGO
I believe that gaerne run a little small. I have a pair but forget what model they are.

First Name
Clay
My Gaerne waterproof boots are size 11 and fit great with thick or thin socks. In lace up work boots I wear a 10- 10 1/2 D . The plastic buckles have held up well and I like the boots. They are comfortable for walking after the ride. I would call Gaerne and tell them your size and see what they recommend. I got mine after reading a riding boot thread on TWT. Someone may find it from several years ago.

Attachments

Last edited:
Windmill's photo is the G-Adventure boots. Like both he and JMZ state they do run small. I'm on my 2nd pair of G-Adventure boots. Don't take that to mean they wear fast though, I just ride alot and some hard use on single track also before I started wearing my SG-12's.

If you're normally a size 9-1/2 to 10 definitely order size 11. Might even allow you to double up your socks in the winter. That really helps for keeping your feet warm in the cold.

Last edited:
First Name
Clay
Windmill's photo is the G-Adventure boots. Like both he and JMZ state they do run small. I'm on my 2nd pair of G-Adventure boots. Don't take that to mean they wear fast though, I just ride alot and some hard use on single track also before I started wearing my SG-12's.

If you're normally a size 9-1/2 to 10 definitely order size 11. Might even allow you to double up your socks in the winter. That really helps for keeping your feet warm in the cold.
SB I think you recommended them to me, very comfortable and can hike in them . I walk all Harvest Classic in them. In the summer heat I wear Bates Vietnam type boots (non steel toe) to ride and work IMO the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Academy for about one hundred.
I wear my pants inside the Gaerne mostly I will definitely buy again but they may out last me :).

JMZ

First Name
MONGO
Mine are the oil balance . I went up one size and they still felt tight but after wearing them a for 2500 miles or so they feel good now .

I recall Moto Liberty in Dallas saying they might get some this fall. Maybe try calling them if you haven't talked to them yet. They've always treated me well and if the person helping isn't sure of a product, they will very quickly go ask someone who does know better than themselves.

Last edited:

jqueen

Forum Supporter
First Name
Justin
SMS racing in Denton carries Gaerne, but it may be just the mx boots. Worth a call maybe? I bought my gaerne mx boots there.

I have a pair and I did have to go up 1 size..
Moto Liberty had them and went over to try on..
I have several pairs of Gaerne over the years. They fit a little different so try some on.
Sizing seems to run the same for their MX boots, so you can try those to get your size..

tperk314

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the info guys...here's what I came up with. It was my instinct to go up one size and get the 11. That's what I wear in my Fox boots. I called Rocky Mtn and spoke to them...they didn't really want to commit on sizing. According to their reviews on the boots...half of the buyers said they run small...the other half said they are sized right!:eek2:

I bought the Gaerne G.Adventure boot. Since time was an issue & I was worried if I bought the wrong size...the replacements wouldn't arrive in time...I just bought both pair...a 10 and a 11. Rocky Mtn has a great return process for wrong sizing.

It turns out that my first instinct was correct. The 11 fit better. It does feel just slightly big, but still good,. The 10 wasn't bad...it was a little tight, but I figured it would break in and be ok. However right across the top of the toes it was just a little too tight. The perfect solution would have been a 10 1/2, but that's not available. Thanks again for your advice. My recommendation is to go up one size from regular shoes.