• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Galeana

That's Hotel San Ignacio in Xilitla. Good price, very clean & secure with 24 hr hot water and some great views. Maria will tell you where to eat and where not to.

Misìon de Jalpan. Nice. On the square. Safe. Haggle a little. JT. Eduardo (who publishes a mag and goes by motosierragorda) is a great resource even if he rides a KLR. [emoji6]He's on ADV some.

Color me jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Misìon de Jalpan. Nice. On the square. Safe. Haggle a little. JT. Eduardo (who publishes a mag and goes by motosierragorda) is a great resource even if he rides a KLR. [emoji6]He's on ADV some.

Color me jealous.

this guy Eduardo lives near jalpan ?

Yup. He has a place in the mountains outside of town. He's a professor or something and a bit of an entrepreneur.

Hey Phil I got my name on the pre trip list. This trip will work out better for me. We have a baby due in late Sept.
If anyone has .gpx tracks can they pls send them to me.

:jammin:

Hey Phil I got my name on the pre trip list. This trip will work out better for me. We have a baby due in late Sept.
If anyone has .gpx tracks can they pls send them to me.

:jammin:

If your email address is in the sign up I'll shoot 'em over in the am. If not, PM me.

If your email address is in the sign up I'll shoot 'em over in the am. If not, PM me.

Super ! Looking forward to it.... I was planning to take a small RV to a friends house in Roma, then meet wherever the cross will take place. If needed I can ditch the RV and stay in a motel, take a flatbed trailer and haul some bikes. Whatever it takes....:lol2:

This might be what I'm looking for.
I have never been to Mexico,but it is on the list
What type of bikes are you riding. Camping?
What would be needed
Thanks

What would be needed
Thanks

Lots of good info on what's needed here
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102388
for the Oct trip. Hotels are listed and also some links with guides on riding mexico. I'm a newbie on this site so I hope I posted this link correctly.

welcome aboard, this ride is filling up...the more the merrier

Tip: A quick call to the two major hotels in Galeana to make sure there isn't a wedding or a quinceañera or some other thing going on that'll take up a bunch of rooms is always a good idea.

On the square in Galeana, the Magdalena has approximately 38 rooms and the Jardín Colonial has about 26.

The math is dependent upon the number of rooms you need for the event and whether or not there's a competing demand for rooms from locals. When there is a conflict, it's always on the weekend when there's an event like mentioned above, or a festival.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan to start calling next week.

GBC : we will be hoteling, the cost is minimal and the comfort factor huge.

What would be needed
Thanks
no camping unless all bikes break down together up in the mountains offroad, most will be riding smaller 250 to 650 bikes

Hey guys here's a news story from the intended crossing spot.....no worries though.
http://m.krgv.com/news/Tension-Builds-Between-US-and-Mexico-after-Boat-Crash/32517726

I live in the valley, I hear a lot and sometimes firsthand, the incident is a joke, it's basically what the border patrol rep said that usually happens, the local border Mexican folk on both sides of the border that cause something to happen and then cry about it, the Mexican consulate is the butt of this joke, "tensions" is just fake news, a distraction from the reality, those on the Mexican boat were probably a divergen so the drug and human smugglers can do their thing. No worries for our ride, all is good.

I live in the valley, I hear a lot and sometimes firsthand, the incident is a joke, it's basically what the border patrol rep said that usually happens, the local border Mexican folk on both sides of the border that cause something to happen and then cry about it, the Mexican consulate is the butt of this joke, "tensions" is just fake news, a distraction from the reality, those on the Mexican boat were probably a divergen so the drug and human smugglers can do their thing. No worries for our ride, all is good.

Yep it sounded like a blame game and banter between the consulates. Just unfortunate that folks got hurt. Esp the kiddos. Your probably right on the money about divergen.
Looking forward to it.

I'm in for this ride in Oct., so who/where do I send the money to? Looking forward to this. Thanks to all for keeping this thread alive.:sun:

So... y'all accepting new recruits for this memorial day trek? I'm located in Austin, riding a husky 610, this looks to be an epic ride and well thought out. It would be great to be great to ride along with some folks who know what they're doing. Let me know.

So... y'all accepting new recruits for this memorial day trek? I'm located in Austin, riding a husky 610, this looks to be an epic ride and well thought out. It would be great to be great to ride along with some folks who know what they're doing. Let me know.

sign the sheet and you're in

Back