• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Galveston TX Lone Star Rally

I'm goin in the morning bout the same time. Meeting a friend in lumberton and heading that way. It's just me and him tomorrow then were going back Saturday with our wives.

I'm already here but right now I'm at a friends house in Texas city for the night.

My wife and I will be down there around lunch time today. Going to Shrimp N Stuff. It's one of the best hole in the wall seafood places in Houston/galveston area.

Black road king and we both have our CMA colors on.

If you can spot me in Galveston I'll give you a DOLLAR

Hint: I'm almost the only one on a dual sport. And it's red and white. And rider is in black and white.

If you can spot me in Galveston I'll give you a DOLLAR

Hint: I'm almost the only one on a dual sport. And it's red and white. And rider is in black and white.

Saw a couple of DS bikes when I was down there Friday afternoon. One of them was sans helmet. (hope that wasn't you :pirate:)

We got to do a demo ride of the new Indians. Man that engine has some torque on a relatively lightweight platform. Retro look, but all modern if you look closely. Nice bike, but I can't see myself spending $20k for a bike...any bike.

Weather will be spectacular all weekend. Should be another year for record crowds.

Re: Galveston TX Lone Star Rally - epilogue

Great weather brought folks out in droves. I think last year's attendance estimate was also 500k.

Two reported fatality accidents in the area. And of course, accidents like Wookie's during return trips further away from Galveston cannot be accurately tallied.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/b...s-by-hundreds-of-4953647.php?cmpid=houtexhcat

Lt. Mike Gray with the Galveston Police Department said he has worked the event since it started 12 years ago and this one was another success, though his department was busy with the usual problems that arise from a three-day festival.

Gray said there were 1,109 calls for service, 67 total arrests, 208 incident reports taken by police, 57 motor-vehicle accident reports. Eleven arrests were made inside the downtown Galveston portion of the event, with additonal 56 made outside the event area. Gray didn't have information on the specifics behind the arrests or a breakdown of the offenses.

"Overall it was a great event," said Gray.

There were two separate motorcycle-related fatalities on the island, according to Gray, but he wasn't able to confirm if they were rally attendees.

In past years, I recall fatality reports in the double digits and last year was one.
I also wonder how the GPD stats compare to Memorial Day weekend.

lotsa really nice stuff offered for sale/view

SHRIMP N STUFF always makes a trip to the island worth while

appeared to be a good time had by all(most all)

sw

Shrimp N stuff is fantastically amazingly awesome. If you didn't stop there you missed out.

Sunset friday LSR Seawall Bikes than 2012:eek2:

DSCN03971_zpsd2eca2bb.jpg

DSCN04001_zpsada35d52.jpg

Demo Rides Great:trust:

20131101_150239_zpsd4f4a9ec.jpg

Indian and Victory Demos Never Saw Harley maybe they were on the Strand:rofl:

20131101_144347_zps8684d49d.jpg

We have good friends who live on the Island so it was great being able to stay there. The crowds were BIG! Really enjoyed the band "Hairball". Lotsa fun but the crowds really pushed in to see/hear. I enjoy just walking around looking at all the bikes people ride in on much less the show queens. I had the Seat Dr. modify my Stratoliner seat. Now I need to go for a good long ride to see if it was worth the money. :rider:

Kevin

Hey cheez, how do you like that vtx? I've got the '03 retro. I love her. I'm sure you know about the vtx cafe. If not you should check them out on here. There's a lot of great info on there about our bikes.

Hey cheez, how do you like that vtx? I've got the '03 retro. I love her. I'm sure you know about the vtx cafe. If not you should check them out on here. There's a lot of great info on there about our bikes.

I've been a member of the Cafe for about six years now. Good people, good info, but ever since they banned the political forum and all political discussion I don't have much to talk about- I run out of bike topics pretty quick.

I love my VTX- this is the second one after my first one was totaled out by a moron kid that didn't look before changing lanes- same color (orange), same everything but an '03R instead of an '02R. I think I'll probably have one for quite a while- the only thing I'd really consider replacing it with is a Goldwing but those things are way expensive and make you look like an old man... ;)

Yeah I can agree with you on the goldwing. I love my vtx as well. I was looking at a v star 650 when I found this bike and I'm **** glad I went with the vtx. And the politics things is always a heated debate either way you look at it. And from what I've seen, they try to keep everyone civil. Lol which is hard to do with anything political. But I understand about not having much cycle stuff to talk about. If she's running bad, I'm looking for advice on fixing her. If she's running, then I'm out riding. Lol if your ever out my way, drop me a line and maybe we can have lunch and ride some of the roads around here. Stay safe and motor on buddy.

Back