• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Garmin - The Most Evil Company on Earth?

So are you saying you can purchase the maps loaded on an SD card and that this will then work in ANY unity that has an SD slot? There is nothing that ties it to a particular unit like the unlock codes?

Yes; & using basic computer tools (Carbon Copy Cloner or similar) you can duplicate it to another card too :trust:

Phillip, I see you're in Dallas somewhere. I could host something one evening or weekend if there were enough folks interested.

PLB is a ACR Rescue link , I bought it at a bass pro store , I can’t believe I found the box in less than a minute of searching . bumping it and sending a false signal would be fairly difficult , also that my make it a little awkward to activate if you were banged up real bad . Not expecting to ever need it but it’s there just in case . I had one garmin I kinda liked many years ago when it got trashed that was the end of garmin for me , I buy elcheapo gps that need nothing more than turned on , I don’t route with a gps , I can read a paper map just fine and the poi data is absolutely garbage on every gps I ever looked at . Its out of date when you open the box . And usally wrong anyway .

Yes; & using basic computer tools (Carbon Copy Cloner or similar) you can duplicate it to another card too :trust:

Can you transfer the maps from the card to your computer? Or at least have it plugged into an SD slot on the computer so you can use it in Basecamp?

Back