• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Geese about SW Louisiana

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Geese Geese Geese. All over the area. Also ran across a very large flock of ducks but were too far off the road to get a good picture.
PICT0014-1.jpg

About 15 miles SW of Jennings , just East of Thornwell on LA 380.

I use to fish just down the road from 380. We would launch the boat off 14 and head south. It's been a bunch of years since I've had the chance to fish there but still have some fond memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! I don't hunt anymore but from what people are telling me. Many Ducks, Geese and Doves being taken at present.
The Old Laccassine Bayou Boat landing on LA14 has been closed and is private land now. Sucks. You have to put in at the Lorraine Bridge Landing now to get to that section.
IMGP6977.jpg

Looking South from the Landing.
IMGP6980.jpg

Really a nice place to go just chil if you want. Also has a camper section and very clean.
IMGP6983.jpg

Would have to get to it off LA 101 from Laccassine to Hayes and take the Lorraine Bridge Road about a mile before Hayes.

I saw in the local paper where some team is suppose to have a bird count coming up soon. I just wonder how they gonna do that and be any where close to near accurate. Man, we have ducks and geese all over the place down here.
PICT0013.jpg

In this picture, just before the coast line you should be able so see the ducks just in this one field. When I stopped to take the picture , about 1/2 got up and flew away. So I had to snap fast without having time to set up and zoom in on them.

When we were goose hunting around Haskell year before last, we went scouting the evening before to see which fields the birds were in. We saw several hundred thousand geese that day. The honking sounded like surf noise, it was so continuous.

By the way, did anyone notice that this was in Critique My Photo?

Yes, it started as a single photo of a zoomed geese shot I got and wanted thoughts on and went from there. Oh well!

By the way, did anyone notice that this was in Critique My Photo?

Yes I did. I can appreciate you not being able to get to close. After all, it's not like you're a Ranger trained by forest elves.

However, with this subjet,I would have liked to see some stuffing, orange sauce, and maybe a little tempura fry.

Back