• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Geographic Google Map of Two Wheeled Texans

Texas T

Forum Supporter
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Thorn
Two Wheeled Texans Community Map (Expanded map view thanks to cheez)

I saw the prior map effort had died due to the website going away. This version is tied to Google Maps so it should be valid for a while. The map will support up to 10,000 points.

My pin is in Arizona. You should see my user name next to my pin, and if you click on my pin you'll see a photo.

It's unlocked so anyone can add their own location/user name/photo. The downside to this is that anyone can also go in and mess it all up, so be careful that you don't edit other user's info or delete info or change settings.

DIRECTIONS
You can now pinpoint locations manually by clicking the marker icon and placing it directly onto the map, or search for locations using the search box at the top of the screen.

If you're adding locations manually, you can name the location and save to add it to the map. If you're searching and adding specific locations, a green marker will appear on the map and you can click the 'Add to map' link.

When I created my location I just used my city in the search bar and after I added it I edited the box to show my user name instead of the city name.

Some folks may want to enter their address, but for the purposes of this map it would make more sense to just use your city/state or city/country. You can drop the pin at an intersection close to your home if you want to be more specific.

If you scroll further down this thread you'll find some visual aids to help you place your pins.

Last edited:

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
Re: Geographical Map of Two Wheeled Texans

Added my pin

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Garrett

Added mine, thanks for setting this up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren

Slick ...

WhiskeySmith

Uff Da
Forum Supporter
First Name
Carl
Re: Geographic Map of Two Wheeled Texans

It's unlocked so anyone can add their own location/user name/photo. The downside to this is that anyone can also go in and mess it all up, so be careful that you don't edit other user's info or delete info or change settings.

Anyone? or anyone with a Google account?

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
Re: Geographic Map of Two Wheeled Texans

First, I'm going to assume that you followed the visual guide step-by-step. At what point did it not do what the visual guide said it would do?
Anyone? or anyone with a Google account?
I am not sure what visual guide you are referring to.

Yes you must have a google account to edit.

I finally got mine figured out after about 6 attempts.:doh:

First Name
Michael
Last Name
McMillan
I think I did it. Kinda hard to manage on the cell. I'll check on the PC tonight

Texas T

Forum Supporter
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Thorn
If anyone absolutely cannot get it to work, send me a PM and I'll add you to the map. You can either give me an exact address or just a city/state.

I work full time and am only on the computer for an hour or so each night, so if I get a bunch of folks asking me to do this it may take a few days.

Last edited: