• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans - NO LONGER ACTIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

htown71

Re: Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans

Pretty cool.....I signed up and made it 242 and counting.

I did it as well. I put my real home since I'm headed back to Canada in a month.
You now have a two-wheeled Canuck in the group.

Texas T

Forum Supporter

Hammer said:
I did it as well. I put my real home since I'm headed back to Canada in a month.
You now have a two-wheeled Canuck in the group.
I guess you can just hit Winnipeg and then pretty much come straight south, huh?

Or should I have said eh? ;-)

Yeah, except it's super slab all the way.
Coming down here, I took 83 which starts in Swan River, MB and doesn't change highway numbers at all.
83 deadends in Laredo. It joins I35 just North of Laredo.

It's slab too but it's better than I35 all the way.

I just placed my self on the map, except it magicly placed a picture of my wife riding her dirt bike. No clue where it got the picture from

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin

I will be upgrading the forum software in the near future. When I do, I plan to include a google map on the main page of the site that has pins to show where everyone is from.

She just looked better than you do. Can't blame the program for that.

Heck, on that note, I think every ride report should have pretty girls photoshopped in place of the fat, hary, guys. I mean, we are here to look at pretty pictures that tell a story, right?:trust:

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin

Welcome to the site Dragin :wave:

I did not know anyone was still using this. I was never really happy with it and just kind of ignored it. I've been looking at adding a better google based setup that works with the VBulletin software real nice. The only problem is that I don't know how good an idea it is for people to be able to see right where you live. It asks for a Long/Lat location. I guess you could put the location somewhere close by and not right on your house.

I did not know anyone was still using this.
I had completely forgotten about it. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the link and discovered that I had previously entered my location. The page even remembered my IP number.

Thanks for the welcome. We were in your neck of the woods last Wednesday. Mike had a computer install for a client in Houston and since the server wouldn't fit in his car, we took mine.I got to tag along.

Frappr died some time ago... Can we get a Google map started up? You can pin yourself not necessarily RIGHT at your actual address for those who worry about such things.

Does the link to find the geo no longer working?? When i click on the link it takes me a to a search bar from a site called "Frappr Com"?? When i enter a Zip code in the search bar it takes me to a "Wholesale Goat " Website?! Weird hunh... I'm presuming it's not working any longer .

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin

Wow... I hadn't thought about this in years! I've not even thought about what might exist now to do this. Might be interesting though because we do have members from all over the world now.

so will you be updating the link so that those who are new to the forum can place their Geo local?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin

so will you be updating the link so that those who are new to the forum can place their Geo local?
There is no update. That site no longer exists. I'd have to find some other service that does something similar and I simply haven't done that. If you know of one, I would be happy to take a look at it.

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter

With less than 1% of members financially supporting, I can understand why you aren't wild about monthly fees. C'mon, people!

With less than 1% of members financially supporting, I can understand why you aren't wild about monthly fees. C'mon, people!
wish there was a like button!

:ponder: Here's an idea, budget for 2 oil filters but buy only 1 and send the money for the second oil filter to the forum! easy peasy!

Good forums are hard to come by and this is a good one!

Last edited:

Liteitup

Forum Supporter

While I agree that everyone should contribute, a map of where members live(especially me) is not something I would participate in.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin

While I agree that everyone should contribute, a map of where members live(especially me) is not something I would participate in.
The latter part of your comment was a common sentiment when I first tried this. Some folks just put the town in for their location rather than their actual home.

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter

Doesn't work for me, Windows 10, IE or Edge

It tells me the domain is for sale

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter

The latter part of your comment was a common sentiment when I first tried this. Some folks just put the town in for their location rather than their actual home.
For sure, I'd list the town only. (Like it already says in my avatar.)

Texas T

Forum Supporter
Will something like this work?

Two Wheeled Texans Community Map

When you click on the link it may default to my location so just scroll out to see the whole country and you should see my pin remain in Arizona. You should see my user name next to my pin, and if you click on my pin you'll see a photo.

It's unlocked so anyone can add their own location/user name/photo. The downside to this is that anyone can also go in and mess it all up, so be careful that you don't edit other user's info or delete info or change settings.

DIRECTIONS
You can now pinpoint locations manually by clicking the marker icon and placing it directly onto the map, or search for locations using the search box at the top of the screen.

If you're adding locations manually, you can name the location and save to add it to the map. If you're searching and adding specific locations, a green marker will appear on the map and you can click the 'Add to map' link.

When I created my location I just used my city in the search bar and after I added it I edited the box to show my user name instead of the city name.

Last edited:

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
At this point, it might be better to just start a new thread with the new link, make it a stick thread, and let this thread drop off the list (or be closed).

Status
Not open for further replies.