• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans - NO LONGER ACTIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geographical Map of Two-Wheeled Texans

I think we broke it. When I click on one balloon, a different one shows it's info.

pdef said:
I think we broke it. When I click on one balloon, a different one shows it's info.
Philip, try drilling down so that the balloons separate a little more and try it again. If someone else is in the same zip code and logged on before you their balloon will be in front and your's will be directly behind it.

I made a mistak need to delet a map entry. Made a typo I live in Kyle not Leander.
todd@bumblebeads.com Send me a note on what I need to do.

Thermalser said:
You have to move to Leander. ;)
:shame: :mrgreen:

Actually, we need to find out who the Admin is. I believe it's John Bennett since he started the thread. The Admin can correct issues on the site.

Ok. Hey Frapper admin., while my mark is correct by zip, it is actually quite aways from where I live. Any more specific way to enter location?

That is cool, you can get a better feel for where folks are.

Cool..I'm glad I did a search here first. I have started a couple of Frapper maps at other forums. I was thinking about starting a TWT map but it's already done!

Here is one I started recently:

http://www.frappr.com/klx650riders

Now to add myself to the TWT map. :)

STrider said:
Ok. Hey Frapper admin., while my mark is correct by zip, it is actually quite aways from where I live. Any more specific way to enter location?

I wanted to do the same thing but according to the FAQ/Help, they won't allow defined waypoints, only zipcode-centered locations. :huh:

http://www.frappr.com/?a=doc&section=faq

Probably a liability issue. We don't want any crazies hunting other members down or stalking them... :lol:

Nah Steve, you are just the only one that put yourself on the map from that area. I know there are a lot of people on the site in that area. Dower, Alag, Josh28, and some others...

added myself, noticed a lone dot out in the middle of nowhere. Knew it had to be Midland/Odessa, as I lived there many moons ago.

I wonder how it decides where to put the pin at?? it shows mine on wedgewood street????:roll:

The software puts the pin at the 'geographic' center of the zip code you use.

The program does not allow you to input an exact location. For what reason, I don't have a clue! :-?

I'm in!!! Looks like I am the only rider w/computer in the Rio Grande Valley!!!
:nana:

You need to find some friends! ;-)

At least you have a good mo-sheen to ride around on... :-D

Yes, I love my mo-sheen. I would love to find a second one for my wife, she has caught the biker bug!!

a5west5 said:
I'm in!!! Looks like I am the only rider w/computer in the Rio Grande Valley!!!
:nana:
heh... you might be the only PERSON with a computer down in the valley. :rofl:

a5west5 said:
Yes, I love my mo-sheen. I would love to find a second one for my wife, she has caught the biker bug!!
Ever visited this forum?
They have ZRs for sale regularly. Oops - saw you knew about it in another thread - nevermind! :roll:
There is a nice looking ZR7 (no S) here.

I watch for them all the time...

For some odd reason, when I go to view the map, no one shows up!? :scratch:

Tourmeister said:
For some odd reason, when I go to view the map, no one shows up!? :scratch:

Are you being patient? :roll: It loads the map first, then a few seconds later starts filling on people's locations one-by-one. I see them just fine.

I have a 4Mbps connection... I am being very patient, hehe. They don't show up even after several minutes.

I wonder what Google does with all the emails and personal info they collect this way... :-|

I tried it last night and again this morning & it displayed the red balloons both times. Maybe something messed up with your cookies, Scott? (like tossed, maybe) :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back