• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Getting gasoline - what price for you?

R

Red Brown

Anybody hitting $4.00 on Super Unleaded yet in shouting range?

Gasbuddy.com does a pretty good job at finding low prices...there is a decent price delta change in some regions.

I asked the gas attendant for a Two Wheeled Texan web site price discount, but received a funny glare :)

RB

gas-prices-florida-home-loan-751627.jpg

Funny you should bring the subject up, because I just got back into the office from scouting a filming location. On my way out, I bought the single most expensive tank of gas for my Jeep that I've ever purchased in the 13 years I've owned it: $72.35 at $3.71 per gallon.

treehouse_147.jpg

paid 3.99 the other day for super

we're at 3.59 right now, 3.79 for premium, it jumped 11 cents in about 24 hours. I would love to beat the tar out of these stupid speculators.

I saw over $4.00 for super and premium at a gas station along Beltway 8 (the non-elevated portion) between Hwy 90 and Lake Houston Pkwy.

$1.55 per liter here x 3.874 (US gallon) = $6.00 per US gallon.

Dink

Yeah, but you guys are upside down, things aren't the same there. :)

When I filled up yesterday it was $3.65/gal for premium. Didn't look today, was still crying from yesterday. Luckily I was filling up my bike, not my truck. Not sure I can afford the hospital visit required if I fill up my truck.

These days I fill my truck up when it hits 1/2 a tank. If I wait until it's below 1/4 it costs $100+ to fill up...

1/2 tank lasts me 1 week and runs ~$50. Dodge fuel gauges aren't the best at reflecting ACTUAL fuel level, obviously.

2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 QC SB Cummins 5spd.

I've noticed that my reserve comes on sooner and sooner. Always use my trip odometer. Always buy the fuel for the bike at the same location. I'm wondering is it ethanol or is it the station messing with the pumps. Anyone else with mileage drop lately?

For me, it's seldom worth the trouble to go out of my way for cheaper gas. The largest tank of my bikes is only 6gal and the little truck and wife's Acura are about the same at 13gal. If gas is cheaper by 15cents a few miles away, my maximum savings would only be $2.
Even in the car, at avg 30mpg, the $2 savings is gone if I went more than 9 miles (one way) out of my way to a cheaper pump.
On the bike, the max savings is 90cents. Less than a quarter of a gallon. Gone in 6 miles (one way)

I just buy it from my preferred stations or whatever is convenient.

My last fill up was 3.49 at Wally World in Atascocita.

I've switched to taking the bus to downtown Houston. It's 3.50 one way but I get an extra hour sleep and I don't have to pay for parking.

On my way out, I bought the single most expensive tank of gas for my Jeep that I've ever purchased in the 13 years I've owned it: $72.35 at $3.71 per gallon.

You darn near had to push it to the station, it only has a 20 gallon tank!

--Mike

I've noticed that my reserve comes on sooner and sooner. Always use my trip odometer. Always buy the fuel for the bike at the same location. I'm wondering is it ethanol or is it the station messing with the pumps. Anyone else with mileage drop lately?

I've put 2.1 gallons in the stock 1.9 gallon tank at three different stations. Something funny going on here?

I usually find the best prices at the QT On Bryant Irwin rd or Tom Thumb with 3 cents off I filled up at 3.47 per gallon. My Honda accord that used to take 15 bucks to fill up @.99 a gallon now takes approx 55 bucks.

At $120/barrel and rising and gas scaring $4/gal, I told my son he needed to plan on spending Saturday in the back yard with the post hole diggers.

i saw in hollywood , ca $4.68 a gal (regular). malibu is over $5.00....what is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:headbang:

Gas!! Paid 4.26 a gallon for diesel yesterday.:eek2: Rumor is gas will be over 5 bucks for the summer. My diesel truck gets excellent mileage parked in my driveway. Been riding the wing to work most days that it does not rain.
And no I Dont like the nasty stuff on the highway to be spashed up all over me or wing rainsuit or not.

$3.78 per gal here in Floresville for super, it would cost a little over 22 bucks to fill up the KLR when empty :eek2:

Gas!! Paid 4.26 a gallon for diesel yesterday.:eek2: Rumor is gas will be over 5 bucks for the summer. My diesel truck gets excellent mileage parked in my driveway. Been riding the wing to work most days that it does not rain.
And no I Dont like the nasty stuff on the highway to be spashed up all over me or wing rainsuit or not.

Motorcycles are for riding, rain or shine, love bugs or june bugs. The old man I bought my GL1100 from had it sitting in a garage most of its life. After 7 years with me, it looks pretty crusty, but still gets me there. ;-)

Paided $3.70 a gallon this morning for midgrade.
Put $33.50 in the ST1100 last week, thats more then what my truck use to take.

Back