• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost's Annual Freezeree, January 24-26, 2020

never been to one of your shindigs..looks like the weather will cooperate after some rain on thursday...will it be a muddy mess or will things dry out?..like to set up my tent and camping stuff ..do i hneed to bring cooking stuff?... im a moderate level rider will i get my *** kicked on your rides? thanks for the answers in advance
dr chet

never been to one of your shindigs..looks like the weather will cooperate after some rain on thursday...will it be a muddy mess or will things dry out?..like to set up my tent and camping stuff ..do i hneed to bring cooking stuff?... im a moderate level rider will i get my *** kicked on your rides? thanks for the answers in advance
dr chet

The rides are so easy a girl can do it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

But seriously the ground dries out fast

Might have to swing by to say hi after pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dr chet

Chet, it's been a long time! The roads on the property will be fine. There is one low grassy area that you can skirt going up to the good camping spots. Unless you decide to camp down range, which I'd avoid on Friday afternoon. That will be the only shooting time. The down range area is flat, but more trailer types camp there.

The rides are what you make of it basically. I'm heading for the pie run on Saturday and will be sticking to pavement. Specially if I'm on the K1600. Others will go on dirt. Or just go somewhere else, pavement or dirt.

I am working on getting up there this afternoon, hope to see you all later.

Here is the track Gina and I will follow from Hico to lake Whitney, then south to Ghost Ranch. Total mileage is about 103. I have not been on about half of these roads, the sections I have been on run maybe 30-40% unpaved.

edit: I forgot the GPX viewer only displays the first track in the file, there are three files. I'll edit the track file later today and join the tracks into one.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Hico-GhostRanch-Long Route-102M.gpx
    179.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
The gate is unlocked. I am running errands this morning so will be in and out. My number is (254) 248-4848. Please shut gate so no one escapes.

The Taco is pre-packed. JT and I will head out Friday after i get free from work.

We'll crash in a cheap motel somewhere Fri night. set up camp at GRancho sat am, then go to the pie run.

JT is gunna drum up a fun route which will include the short, steep hill climb not visible in this picture, but is just around the corner. that day, i chickened out. will i conquer it this time?

View attachment 252837
(dec2017)

move us to the Cool Kids list, please Dody. 😉
Hey I know that Guy

So it will be milder this year right? GLOBAL WARMING, GLOBAL WARMING!

But if Americans pay there penance, all will be forgiven I guess.

It was a nice ride there and back and I really enjoyed getting thru a 35 degree night. Many thanks to Ulybrad and JoToPe for the videos, they both exceeded my expectations, and to Dodi and all the others that make the gatherings what they are.

ANOTHER perfect freezzeere. Had a great time. It was good to visit with old friends and make new ones.

Thank you Dody for opening up your place this weekend. Remi and I had a great time.

First time camper did great!
10abb4625169cc88588a39241e87caa2.jpg

She liked the fire pit too...
152b17c33207cb78ffa3b28117d1ab13.jpg

Brad with that amazing chaco-flan. Man that was good stuff. THANK YOU!
65f5fb064ed58103d87c97c649fc3e17.jpg

Wouldn't be a GR event without the obligatory fire pic of some type.
40c3d42778745c1ba832229d546a6cdb.jpg

It was great to see folks again. Had a great time visiting. Brad, It was an honor to see you again my friend. Cake was awesome ! ! ! Had to work Sunday or I would have come back out there to visit some more. Dang cows ! ! ! :lol2:

ahh now I see the updated posts. Great to see a pic of Brad again! Wish i could have joined ya'll but have had a bunch of family issues with an aging mom in a CA hospital to moving my son.

Back