• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost's Fire and Ice campout, Jan 17-19

Great folks, great riding and I know I missed some great food. Get well Dody.

I don't remember names very well, but no one will forget that white/orange pumpkin suit. LOL

Thanks for the concern. I was in bad shape but i didn't think staying was a good idea. I was running a fever, had the chills, horrible body aches, and couldn't keep anything down.

hello my name is "BLECHHHHHHH" :puke::eek2:

Hey guys, I want to thank everyone who attended for making Mitch and I feel welcome. We had a great time and the ride was great once Cletus finally got out of my way :) Great food and a special thanx to Brad for spending time with Mitch and I brushing up on our off road techniques. Also thanx to Dody for not killing us on the midnight 300mph dry gulch death run. I look forward to the next ride. Rod

Hey guys, I want to thank everyone who attended for making Mitch and I feel welcome. We had a great time and the ride was great once Cletus finally got out of my way :) Great food and a special thanx to Brad for spending time with Mitch and I brushing up on our off road techniques. Also thanx to Dody for not killing us on the midnight 300mph dry gulch death run. I look forward to the next ride. Rod

details!!! :mrgreen:

I had no idea that a atv Ranger could clock 300mph when powered by straight whiskey. Thank God all those trees kept knocking us back onto the trail

hello my name is "BLECHHHHHHH" :puke::eek2:

Wow! Now that is funny! Glad I wasn't relying on you for any help for what turned out to be hypothermia. My wife and I found out I was far more susceptible to hypothermia due to some of the drugs I have take to stay alive. I am sure that if you are ever out there and need help, you probably won't get too many people making jokes about your predicament. But that's just me.......

Wow! Now that is funny! Glad I wasn't relying on you for any help for what turned out to be hypothermia. My wife and I found out I was far more susceptible to hypothermia due to some of the drugs I have take to stay alive. I am sure that if you are ever out there and need help, you probably won't get too many people making jokes about your predicament. But that's just me.......

Glad to know you figured it out. Sounds like a good excuse for new warm sleeping bag and a heater for the trailer. :-)

I will admit I was kind of wishing I had gotten a flu shot when you were describing your symptoms.

The chair captured forever in flames:

20140118_204739-L.jpg

FYI, turn down the speakers if you are at work. The language is not too bad, but not safe for many workplaces. The video of the deed:

20140118_204558-L.jpg

Blood thinners? And don't mind ff. It wasn't meant to harm.

Come back and see us. We'll do it up right.

Another great ride. Thank you to all the folks that put up with me!!! Call me for the work weekend...more trails AND a obstacle course. I'm in.

Let's talk about Dodies CHILLI it was so good I used it in 3 more meals!!!
Good food
Good people
Good ride
Just a good event!!!

Speaking of the chili....I just had a Saturday portion. I am trying to get it listed as a gas producing field like the Barnett shale. It was dang good chili. Tasty.

Stephanie and I had a great time as usual - great seeing friends like Dody, Rusty, Rod, the Davids prehistoric and otherwise, Tom, Brad, and meeting and getting to know a bunch of other people better. It's quite a drive from the coast, so it's hard to zip over every time, but we'll be back. We'll likely see some of you clowns at Rod's Amazing Meet and Greet Swap-Meet Flea-Market of Motorcycle Miscellany next month. Thanks again - and Brad, welcome to TWT; it's always good cookin next to you!

Yes that chili was **** good. Thanks Brad for the tractor supply reject grill thingy cooking lessons. **** good grub. The wife laying in the recliner yesterday " That was some really good food, especially for a bunch of motorcycle riders standing around throwing random food in that grill thingy." New welder project in the making. Nice meeting new people and hearing HasBeens stories. Good times.

I also had a blast out there. Good food, good folks, good fun.
Last thing I remembered Friday night around the campfire right before I zonked out was that "buck 45" storytelling. :lol2::lol2::rofl::rofl::mrgreen:

Blood thinners? And don't mind ff. It wasn't meant to harm.

Come back and see us. We'll do it up right.

Oh don't you worry. I intend to come back at the next available opportunity and maybe get to ride the place and get to know some of you fine folks. :mrgreen:

I don't take blood thinners but I did have a kidney transplant in 06'. Apparently the combination of the various drugs I take makes me less than resilient in extended periods of extremely cold weather. Now I'm not sure what the definition of extremely cold is but I was pretty dang cold fo' sho'! Would have been great to know that prior to deciding to camp in January.:headbang:

Andy and I had a great time! Thanks again Dody!

Thanks James and Tom for a very dirty GS!

Now, let's get that work day figured out. Hummmmmm, gotta find me another small CC dirt bike now!:rider:

Oh don't you worry. I intend to come back at the next available opportunity and maybe get to ride the place and get to know some of you fine folks. :mrgreen:

I don't take blood thinners but I did have a kidney transplant in 06'. Apparently the combination of the various drugs I take makes me less than resilient in extended periods of extremely cold weather. Now I'm not sure what the definition of extremely cold is but I was pretty dang cold fo' sho'! Would have been great to know that prior to deciding to camp in January.:headbang:

Sorry about that…I hD NO CLUE…I DID NOT know if you had a flu bug or drink had done it…I was feeling pretty bad saturday also…but I had not took my medicine in two days….everything got the beset of me until I went home and got my meds Saturday….I have two orange plastic chairs that I believe belong to you…one does have a slight burn from floating barcalounger bits:sun:

Yes that chili was **** good. Thanks Brad for the tractor supply reject grill thingy cooking lessons. **** good grub. The wife laying in the recliner yesterday " That was some really good food, especially for a bunch of motorcycle riders standing around throwing random food in that grill thingy." New welder project in the making. Nice meeting new people and hearing HasBeens stories. Good times.

That was the break in for my new cooker..I have another that I am building to use on propane burner so I will have the best of both worlds. I am building a new smoker that will have a double propane burner on it also.I hope to get it done this spring. Not sure what day will be our work day but I will make sure we have plenty of grub and drink:eat:

As to the Ranger antics….shoot I never left low range:trust:

Sorry about that…I hD NO CLUE…I DID NOT know if you had a flu bug or drink had done it…I was feeling pretty bad saturday also…but I had not took my medicine in two days….everything got the beset of me until I went home and got my meds Saturday….I have two orange plastic chairs that I believe belong to you…one does have a slight burn from floating barcalounger bits:sun:

I will try be there in March to pick up those KTM orange chairs!:trust:

Back