• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost's Fire and Ice campout, Jan 17-19

Good pics later. By cameras. And by people who know how to use cameras .
Till then

vaburypa.jpg

dunanavy.jpg

4edabuja.jpg

ysuse4u7.jpg

Primitive camping for primitive people . But dang. We sure have fun. ;)

Thank you for loading Electrified's bike, but can someone please save my lawn chairs for me, and not throw them into that big fire you have going.

Is it jus me... Or does anyone else see a bird?
Jus now gettin off work
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

UPDATE.... OK.. Now I can see it much larger.... & I still see a bird with it's wings spread in the flames

I did not make it to the Fire and Ice camp out but the attempt was a mostly good experience.

I was riding in from San Antonio on Friday and I got a flat tire around Spicewood Tx, I was able to temporarily fix it and ride into Marble Falls, That's where I decided to lube my chain when I noticed a worn out roller.
At this point I was not sure if I wanted to continue with the trip, So I decided to sleep on it and make a decision over night, I setup my tents at Camp Creek (10miles east of Marble Falls), There was enough wood in the area for a bonfire that helped withstand the cold night.
Saturday morning I woke up to freezing temperatures (ice on my tents, motorcycle, trees and grass). I took a short jog around the park to warm up while my coffee also warmed up, But nothing compared to the warmth of the Sun rise, I have never loved the Sun so much in my life!
I thought about the few troubles I went through in the first quarter of my trip (Laid down the fully loaded KLR on soft sand, Flat tire, Worn out chain roller, Jammed thumb and a freezing cold night).
By noon I made the decision to go back home sweet home where I will attack the fridge and then hibernate on my bed.

I may have missed out on the Fire N Ice camp but at least I can enjoy it over the internet (if someone post their experience it would be great)

I am currently at home planning my next trip, ordering a new chain, sprockets and inner tubes.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/localvic/Pics/campcreek.jpg

campcreek.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
tahe6e8e.jpg

It takes a special kind of idiot to love a first gen KLR . But KiLleR is a bad mammajama. I love her.

a5usybyh.jpg

Enjoyed y'all being there. In fact, enjoyed the whole experience. Big kudos to Dody, Andrew and Stephanie , Brad , and Garfey for the food and fixings. You sure made it easy for the rest of us.

Really enjoyed meeting one of my dual sport heroes, JT. I had called on him for advice before but this was our first face to face.

Everybody was fun. No 'tudes in attendance.

Y'all don't be strangers . We're doing something idiotic most weekends.

sign me, the slowoldguy

Enjoyed y'all being there. In fact, enjoyed the whole experience. Big kudos to Dody, Andrew and Stephanie , Brad , and Garfey for the food and fixings. You sure made it easy for the rest of us.

Really enjoyed meeting one of my dual sport heroes, JT. I had called on him for advice before but this was our first face to face.

Everybody was fun. No 'tudes in attendance.

Y'all don't be strangers . We're doing something idiotic most weekends.

sign me, the slowoldguy

keep us in the loop. i have some friends that would like to ride around up there..

The old shop chair doing its Hindenburg impression.

Attachments

• image-1625963651.jpg
    image-1625963651.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 201
Thank you for loading Electrified's bike, but can someone please save my lawn chairs for me, and not throw them into that big fire you have going.

They were still functional chairs when I rode out at 11am this morning so they survived.

Thanks for the concern. I was in bad shape but i didn't think staying was a good idea. I was running a fever, had the chills, horrible body aches, and couldn't keep anything down. When I woke up Saturday, I thought it was odd to be hung over from relatively small amount I consumed (relatively small amount compared to what I normally consume). It took me a while to realize it was worse than that. I think sleeping in freezing weather might not have bee a good idea for me.

I had looked forward to this ride for a long time. I was also looking forward to getting to know some new people as well. I did get to talk to many but not as much as I had anticipated.

I had a great time and it was nice meeting so many great folks.

I spotted this on the way to the Ghost Ranch.
DSC03150_zpsa7463737.jpg

DSC03152_zps5cd38b77.jpg

Be careful, campfires can put you to sleep.
DSC03158_zpsb2ff15ee.jpg

DSC03159_zps5347b23b.jpg

That chair went up like it was soaked in gasoline.
This explains why in the old days people would burn to
death when they fell asleep with a cigarette in their hand
while laying on the couch.

DSC03163_zps33580787.jpg

DSC03170_zpsea115af7.jpg

DSC03168_zps98895a08.jpg

Thanks for putting this together Ghost, I had a great time and it definitely lived up to the fire and ice name. I also want to thank you and Brad for the great food y'all cooked for us:eat:. It was good meeting everyone and I would love to do it again sometime.

My first camp out and I had a blast. Thank you Dody, Brad, Tom, James, Carolyn, Ed, Cleatus and others, we will be back for the next camp out. Rod and I enjoyed meeting all of you and it's great to meet new friends.

Back