• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gila Monster dual sport adventure rally - Aug 22 - 28, 2021

I was hoping to never unpack my block and tackle and East Bound Moto winch. Heavy rains in the previous days created soft/mushy mud holes in the Gila Wilderness Loop and run off tore gashes through the road where the road bed was sandy aggregate. But today was my day for a bike extraction exercise on the Apache National Forest Recon 2 route.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Capture 5.jpg

Well? How did it go? The week prior we were talking to the super nice lady at the Frisco Lodging company and she was telling us that they were still getting a ton of rain and quite a few of the roads were not good so we made a last minute decision to go north from Raton and head into Colorado in search of drier roads. The Gila is still on my list of things to do, but it will probably have to wait until March.

I was hoping to never unpack my block and tackle and East Bound Moto winch. Heavy rains in the previous days created soft/mushy mud holes in the Gila Wilderness Loop and run off tore gashes through the road where the road bed was sandy aggregate. But today was my day for a bike extraction exercise on the Apache National Forest Recon 2 route.

View attachment 300980

View attachment 300981

View attachment 300982

View attachment 300984

View attachment 300985
What size bike? Doesn't look big.

I thought the roads were great, we had the afternoon showers, and Monday night had a pretty good rain, we rode the devils' HWY (pavement) on Tues. Did the Gila Wilderness Loop on Wed, had a few potholes but not bad,

Is there an ride report thread?

Back