• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Give Your Change To Lucas" MexicoApril2019

Reaction score

"Give your change to Lucas"

The words were on highway signs, "Conceda de cambio lueces " or something to that effect. I speak no Spanish but I made an attempt to translate: conceda = that looks like concede or give. I knew cambio meant "change" as in casa de cambio - literally house of change- a place where you can exchange dollars and pesos. lueces- i had no idea but it looks like it would sound like Lucas. Ta dah, "Give your change to Lucas". I don't know who Lucas is but he was everywhere. Anytime the highway became a lonely straight stretch - there were signs telling us to give our change to Lucas. Surely he is a rich man by now.

Well, that was how I entertained myself as JT and I crossed 100 miles of desolate desert highway. Other traffic directives were poorly translated as well. Before I get bombarded with messages - i know the sign is reminding drivers to dim headlights for oncoming traffic.

Yep, we were at it again, stromming thru Old Mexico. With only 5 days to spend in country, we had decided this trip would be a leisurely, more touristy jaunt. Checking out some towns that sounded interesting but we hadn't spent time in. Not going very far but making it a point to get off the bikes and explore more than previous trips.

Stay tuned!

Be safe and have a blast for all of us stuck at home...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess you have 2 weeks off. SWEEEEET !!!!. Enjoy.

Hope you met Lucas and with all his change . . .
Now, please post pictures.

I’m from Mexico and I can’t figure out what the original phrase must be lol.

Ok, im totally confused (what else is new) so had to do the googler ...

CONCEDA CAMBIO DE LUCESDim Your Lights for Approaching Traffic

I'm with you Gina, maybe Lucas is that little boy with his hand out you see when you cross the bridge

The El Dorado offers a courtesy breakfast. If you want cookies and toast, it’s fabulous.

Mexican tv is a hoot!

On our way out of town the next morning, we stopped at this bridge.

No big deal, right?

Here’s the same bridge 2 years ago.

Internet sucks tonight-I did the above post on my phone-which really sux. So that’s it for tonight.

For years my mom (or any adult female relative) would yell at us kids.. "Paga la luz!"....which to us meant turn off the lights.

I do a lot of night riding and am often switching from Hi to Lo, then back to Hi once the veh has passed. From now I think I'll say 'give your change to Lucas!' :mrgreen:

Back