• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Givi Top Box info

Kelsen

Reaction score
2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250S. I have decided I need a top case; I already have Givi monokey bags, but it is nearly impossible to find out clearly what is required to mount up a top case. I do not have any sort of luggage rack, but it appears that a luggage rack is required, in order to attach the mounting plate that the Givi top cases use.

Is this correct? Can someone tell me specifically what is required? Does the grab rail need to be removed? Will a luggage rack fit, given that the side bags are already attached where (again, apparently) the luggage rack will have to be attached? And does anyone have any specific sources for a luggage rack and/or a Givi top case that will hold a full-face helmet?

Thanks.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen

216780-946c4be8fdf06f6aaf1a91ce73827420.jpg

Thanks; I had seen that earlier; when I saw this, for some reason it did not seem clear to me that it (or something like it) was absolutely required in addition to the top box itself, and the mounting plate that goes between the box and this bracket. It certainly adds up quickly. Anyway, just looking at it here does seem to indicate that all three pieces (this bracket, the mounting plate and the storage box) are required.

Thanks again.

Dave Kelsen

The 539FZ top rack arms should fit fine with the PLX539 side racks.
Then you need an M5 Monokey or an M5M Monolock plate depending on which case you want to use.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Could be worse, I had to buy a plate to mount a rack to a rack to mount a givi trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back