• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

gmap bbcode test

Hmmm, does it have to be in a Spoiler tag? Or are you just doing that to have the ability to hide it? And that link is crazy. I'm guessing that isn't the simple URL from a google map.

No, you don't have to use the spoiler tag. I was just doing that to see if it work. I wish it didn't say spoiler, or that I could at least remove that, but it is built into the spoiler bbcode tags.

I like it because it keeps the map from dominating the post and people don't have to wait for it to load if they aren't interested in seeing it.

The link info comes from the HTML embed and has a ton of iframe stuff around it. All that has to be stripped away leaving just the "pb" embed code, which is all that long stuff. For someone that knew what they were doing, I am sure that could all be stripped away automagically.

This particular method of embedding does not require use of a Google API. The GPX viewer and View map feature both require the API, which was a HUGE pain to get setup!!

I made a How To thread for this and put it in the FAQ forum.

Back