• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good Friday/Saturday Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
I'm looking for a few days of riding on Good Friday and Saturday (4/19-20) in Central or ETX, Eastern OK, or Western AR. That's a big spread, I know. I'd like to organize arrival on Thursday evening to camp, ride, camp, ride, and depart on Saturday evening to make it back to hang with the family on Easter.

I'm thinking about CTOR, Emma Long, Choctaw Nation Trail (Billy Creek Campground), or something in between.

I don't ride alone, so am looking for some other people to connect with for the long weekend. I can handle most any terrain, carry my own tools, know how to change a flat, and am a generally a easy-going, pleasant person to ride with as long as I don't get too hangry. I also don't mind stopping a lot and enjoying the scenery, but can wick it up just fine.

More about me on IG @DualSportDispatch

Who's interested?

I am very int with the same schedule. Will need to be back by Sat night. All the above areas sound great.

Pig Trail, no wife this weekend?? lol

Pig Trail, no wife this weekend?? lol

Indeed, she and my MIL will be going to a niece's volleyball tournament in Dallas.

I am very int with the same schedule. Will need to be back by Sat night. All the above areas sound great.

How's this for a plan?

Thursday 4/18: Arrive Billy Creek Campground
Friday 4/19: Ride Choctaw Nation Trail or a reasonable amount that gets us back to camp - partial CNT ride report from a trip a few months ago
Saturday 4/20: Ride Billy Creek Trail (~10 mile loop), depart for home by ~2pm

Another RR on Choctaw Nation Trail from ADVRider here.

I have plenty of firewood I can bring. The camp has running water and pit toilets and I should be able to get there early enough on Thursday to snag us a site or two. It is a Holiday weekend and it's first come, first served.

Who's in?

PigTrail - Richard
Irishcoffee

Last edited:
Tempting ...

Irish? MitchnTX? You guys up for something? A trip to Red River, CTOR, Hidden Falls, or somewhere else sound more appealing?

I am still int but the location and drive time is a factor for me. Y'all make plans that work for you and if I can make it I will. Thanks.

I would love to go camp & ride Billy Creek again but the dates conflict. Hoping I can join next time. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I am also out. Was just told other plans have already been made for me. :flip: Really would like to make a trip though before it gets too hot.

Back