• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good Girl

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Sorry to tag on to STScott's title, but the theme is the same. I had taken this shot the same day as his, but didn't fiddle with it until a couple of days later. Semi-color and cropped. I liked leaving the color in the eye reflection.

IMG_0745.jpg

And yes, she has an ear infection. The vet confirmed today.

I like the dog part with it's lack of color.... I think I would prefer the natural eyes (brown?) over the flash induced green.

Yet there's a few too many distractions for me that begin to take away from the dog. Like something coming out of it's head, the drawer behind to the left, and the couch arm and purple/red on the lower right. I think with a different background, such as grass or a field of consistency the dog would stand out considerably more.

Maybe a much tighter crop on the dog and a little photoshop cloning to eliminate those items?

Still cool on the dog part though. ;-)

I was goofing around and shooting pictures during a football game so I wasn't working too much on composition. In fact I didn't even notice the junk behind her head. I'll try a photoshop effort to clean up the background and see if I can make it disappear. In fact I'll try one with the eyes converted back to dark. Stay tuned.

Okay, here is an edit. Fixed the eyes and cleaned up the background. Not sure how much I like the cleaned up background. I think I removed too much.

IMG_0745-Edit.jpg

Back