• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Google maps no longer talks to my SENA 10s

Zephyr

Reaction score
Google maps hasn't been communicating to my Sena for awhile. I recently downloaded the Sena 10s version two. Seems to be the current one. My phone bluetooths to my Sena 10S v2.0. It doesn't connect to Sena BLE. I can use the Sena for music and my Garmin Maps phone app but not google maps. Technologically, I'm illiterate. Am I missing something on the settings or something like that?

I am a little confused on the symptoms. It sounds like it's connecting fine (BLE or not). But you don't hear turn by turn directions from Google Maps. Is that right?

Obviously the main view needs to have the voice directions on (the round speaker icon), but there's also a deeper setting. From the main Maps view (before you launch navigation to somewhere), go to Settings / Navigation settings, and look for "Play voice over Bluetooth".

Screenshot_20191002-170519_Maps.jpg

Randy, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm so grateful. Yes, deep in the settings of Google maps the bluetooth setting was 'off'. I didn't know those settings even existed. I depend on Google Maps for audio directions while riding. Used to use it every trip. Now I can again.

Awesome! Glad I could help. I use Google maps everywhere I go. I like the situational awareness.

Back