• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gopro

I used to have it mounted on the top of helmet and it was 'ok' but if you're riding in a scenic area and looking around a lot you'll make your views sick.

Now I pretty much mount it on a ram ball from the top bracket of my triple tree. I use a 3-4" extension that raised it up above the bars and cables. I think this works pretty well and lets you swing your head around at will without ruining the results.

I've just mounted a Chinese cheapie on the right side of helmet. Don't plan on taking videos, just stills.

After seeing a cinnamon phase black bear on the NMBDR and not able to snag a pic of it, I ordered the GoPro knockoff.

Trying it out this weekend. We'll see...

I've just mounted a Chinese cheapie on the right side of helmet. Don't plan on taking videos, just stills.

After seeing a cinnamon phase black bear on the NMBDR and not able to snag a pic of it, I ordered the GoPro knockoff.

Trying it out this weekend. We'll see...
Now, we will see too.

Yes, hope not to bore y'all.

So far, the issue seems to be battery life. The remote switch apparently eats up the power?

dc47ff83b130452c72f164d1a7696c93.jpg

PICTURES đź“· GOOD

OFF the bike or rider, on a tripod.
There is way too much 'helmet cam' footage on YouTube already.

I have thought of making a pole of sorts to put the gopro high and behind me. Maybe coming off the top box mount/box lid???

I was being a little sarcastic when I said putting it on a pole. Well I found this for a few bucks on Amazon to do just that. I will have to go play and see how it looks.

There is a reason a lot of track day and race organizations don't allow helmet mounts. Helmets are designed to not only absorb impact, but also to limit catch points. If you go down, the camera creates a catch point that can torque the head quickly and beyond normal limits.

I mount mine either on the nose of the bike, on the tank, or on the tail. I tried mounting it on the swingarm, but the view wasn't wide enough to be useful.

Track Days are a Lot different from the general guy. You can see 20 guys lined up in a National Enduro or MX or Extreme Enduro or SX with cameras that will record the entire event., i.e., Jarvis, Russel, Tomac etc. There isn't any reason a simple Joe shouldn't run a cam recording his or hers trip. Mater of fact I recommend it highly because your family will enjoy it when you're done! If not YOU get to see where you were Superman.........
There is enough helmet cam on you tube to last a lifetime, (I watch it everyday) Nothing like catching your fall or your buddy going over the bars or submerging his bike in a creek. Bike video rules and will be here long after my wrinkled up carcass moves on.

I was watching a video on different GP mounts and this one showed up. Thought it was interesting at best.

The music is not great as I was running into copy write issues, so it is generic electronic. I have not had the time to dig up something different.
YouTube has a very large library of copy write free music for developers. You have to listen to a bunch to find the right style for the clip but it is organized by genre and mood.

Back