• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Got chips?

NUTT

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
M
DSC05534.jpg

50mm f/1.7

Criticism on color, crop, focus, d.o.f., etc appreciated.

Thanks!

Nice colors on the chip bag..... If you intended on "Strips" being the focal point, you nailed that one. Gotta' love those 50mm f/1.4-1.8 lenses.

There's some wires in the top left which sort of detract. I think for a staged shot a bit 'nicer' arrangement could possibly have been done?????

Needs crumbs on the table... :-P Also, needs less clutter around the bag, maybe only one glass, almost empty. Nice color and lighting on the bag.

what's the "story"?

Not enough chips for the margaritas?
What are strips?
Who forgot to clean up?

if your desire was to focus on the chip bag, and not the glasses, the chip bag is indeed in focus. I can't tell if the picture is margaritas as the glasses don't say "margaritas". The identifiable glasses look like beer mugs, but the liquid is obviously not beer.

Again, what story are you trying to tell?

The story....

This one wasn't staged. I was at the in-laws who have GREAT light in the afternoon. We had a bit of lunch with some lemonade & the chip bag was sitting there empty on the table.

I thought the color was nice & the lighting good so I snapped a photo. Based on the feedback here, I would have moved the computer cables & maybe the glass in the front of the shot.

I was really happy with the way the color came out, just wanted some feedback on how to improve the shot.

Back