• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Got some old body's back. Now what?

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Today was a little bit of a surprise. I was able to obtain my old Nikon D40x and my Nikon D90 from when I first started the digital journey along with their kit lenses. Wow.

I started out on the D40x (Nikkor AF 50mm f1/8), then graduated to the D90 (Nikon DX 18-55 f/1.35). They both found a new home at some point when I acquired a D700. That body has now gone off to GravelGuy's daughter and she continues to shoot to this day with it. Then came the D4s and the D500 and a bunch of glass.

So..... What sounds like a fun shoot with these two 'vintage' DSLR body's? I was thinking either a static shot of some type using each body, using the same camera settings focal lengths in both new and old glass. I also gave some thought to shooting some sort of off the charts staged photo complete with off-camera lighting/modifiers with each for comparison.

Got any ideas? If these both charge and fire up, I'm game. :-)

Low light conditions at high ISO will really show the difference between the two bodies!

Maybe try and recreate a shot you originally shot back when they were new. I know your knowledge and skills have increased over time. It might be interesting to see the difference.

Back