• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GPS Illiterate needs help!!!

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Burris
I am kinda at my wits end trying to figure out how to get my GPX files working with my newer Garmin Zumo XT. The laptop I have been using for over 10 years with my old 660 Garmin died, but I had all my GPX files on a portable hard drive, so that was not really my problem. I moved all my files into the latest version of Basecamp that I had downloaded onto my desktop computer at home, and have all my files in the My Collection folder in Basecamp. Then I plugged my Zumo into the computer and tried putting my files on the memory card that I have added to my Zumo, and when I click the memory card it just highlights every route I have on the map at one time.

My problem is that it won't let me expand the folder and look at the files individually, and when I disconnect my Zumo I don't even know how to find my memory card to see if they are in there to open up. I have also tried using the export button on Basecamp to maybe see if I could transfer an individual file to my Zumo to upload with no success. At this point I feel like I am close, but have no idea what I am not doing or doing incorrectly, to be able to access these files on the Zumo once I disconnect from the computer.

Any help would be very helpful.....PLEASE!!!!

Screenshot of Basecamp.jpg

Howdy Rick; I still stumble around and somehow things start to work when dealing with my Montana and Basecamp. You might try pm’ing @Rydah (Rob) and ask him to stop by and help you. He’s in La Porte and has helped me with mine.

Last edited:
I will try to explain how to do what you need not good at explaining sometimes
I usely just copy and paste from a folder in base camp to the SD card in your GPS it looks like base camp see the card below zumo xt so that may work are pick a GPS files not a folder right click and then copy are move them
the other way if you have a stubborn card you can take it out and put card in you computer and copy files from base camp to them, in stall in GPS and then import.
Did you Format card before install it ?
Hope I help and not confused you more, this is what I have been doing far a along time may not be the correct way but it works

On your zumo xt, go to apps, trip planner, saved trips. Click the wrench and then import. That should show you what you have on your device.

Alternately you can also go to apps, trip planner, click the hamburger on the upper right and then import from there.

And yes, basecamp will annoyingly show all the routes in one folder at once. Don't forget you can also use the upload to device option to send stuff to the gps. Do NOT use the "Explore" option to send routes to your gps via the web wirelessly. It's an absolutely horrible interface that makes basecamp appear easy.

Back