• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Grandson Learns to use a Clutch

Reaction score
First Name
David
My grandson Bryson on his 1st ride on his new KTM 65. He used to have a KTM 50 but that was a year ago. He did pretty well. We are at the ranch in Centerville. 2000 acres of the most pristine riding and hunting in the area. This is a track he made on a 4 wheeler.

Thanks for sharing, David. Gotta enjoy those times watching them grow up, and having something like riding to share time with is awesome. Now, just teach him to put it in first gear before starting each time, and I think you'll have a winner, lol.

My son would love to have a place like that to ride! our back yard gets boring after a while, as do the few acres of trails over at my parent's place (when either is dry enough to be ridden).

You grandson is fortunate to get to spend this kind of time having fun with you!

I think I'm fortunate to spend time with him too. My dad's not fond of motorcycles even though he bought me my 1st. Son pretty much takes care of the ranch and has a hunting biz. One day when it gets drier I'll make a vid of the elevation changes. Its really incredible. Tony Miller that owned Freestone MX wanted to move his National to my Dad's place back in the day. Tony was an awesome friend.

love it, especially around 7minutes. I learned to run a clutch on a Ford 8N tractor. I felt like the king of the world when I got it down.

Made my day! Tell him to put it in first. I bet he could start it with proper motivation. LOL

I'd say you got close to getting roosted by your grandson! Too cool video. thanks for sharing.

Shoot, I think he learned the clutch fast. He is a good rider. Beautiful property by the way.

Good stuff. I'll be doing the old "Get off and kick" it for Jakob here soon as he just got his first bike with a manual clutch yesterday. Nice place to ride, would be nice to have something like that to blast around on.

Back