• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Great review of the CRF300 Rally

Reaction score
First Name
Matt

Have to say the bike sounds appealing. I can't help but feel Honda fell just short of greatness and could have made this bike incredible with 400-500cc and a little bit better suspension. If I was in the market for a light ADV though this would definitely be considered.

You're probably right but Honda is doing something right because dealers around the world can't get them fast enough to meet demand. Mine gets here in a week and I'm pretty excited.

There's a thread you might want to check out over at https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/honda-crf300l-and-rally.125644/

I noticed your profile shows you have a KLX250. Are you considering the KLX300?

No, the only way I think I would have considered the KLX300 would be if I could own two (or more) bikes. Unfortunately to get to good riding without trailering I have to ride extended periods on faster roads. That was why I went to the DR650 so I could be a little more flexible and comfortable at prolonged cruising speeds. There are times where I miss the KLX though for sure. I would love to have my DR for adventure riding and the KLX300 (maybe sumo?) for around town/backroad fun though.

Back