• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Grapevine

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Last month, my wife and I moved from Sacramento, CA to Grapevine to start her first career out of college.

I started riding in 2018 when I bought a Kawasaki Vulcan 650, but then I found my love for the offroad and bought a KLR 650 for some pocket change. She's a pig but she's been across the country and back without any major issues. My buddy and I took a month off last July and rode the TransAmerica Trail from east to west in 26 days which was a blast.

I used to spend every weekend riding dirt USFS trails through the Sierra Mountains where we lived, so it's been an adjustment period here in Dallas so far. I'm always looking for suggestions if anyone knows of nearby places to leave the asphalt for a bit.

I sold the Vulcan, left the KLR in a friend's garage in Cali, and now I'm riding a Husqvarna 701 Enduro that's itching to get dirty.

Looking forward to hangin out on the forum and talkin with y'all.

Attachments

• PXL_20220220_011311795.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220220_011311795.MP.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DJI_0217.JPG
    DJI_0217.JPG
    380.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6852.jpg
    IMG_6852.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 102
Hey Bro, check out this post. You're right in the middle of this gang:

Also, there is a NTex Facebook group that has recently evolved with some pretty active riders. Let me find a link for that (my Mom won't let me have a Facebook account, so I'll have to do a work-around).

Welcome to Texas, my wife and I lived in San Jose many years ago and we loved riding off-road out there. We also rode the TAT and have ridden the CDR 3 times!! There is not a lot of dirt out here in DFW and Dallas, but there are quite a few dirt roads that you can ride on. There is a group of motorcyclists that meet the first Tuesday of each month in DFW at a restaurant and have organized a couple of dual sport rides on a weekend. Red River OHV park is fun for a weekend if you want some real dirt, about an hours drive from you.

Welcome to Texas, my wife and I lived in San Jose many years ago and we loved riding off-road out there. We also rode the TAT and have ridden the CDR 3 times!! There is not a lot of dirt out here in DFW and Dallas, but there are quite a few dirt roads that you can ride on. There is a group of motorcyclists that meet the first Tuesday of each month in DFW at a restaurant and have organized a couple of dual sport rides on a weekend. Red River OHV park is fun for a weekend if you want some real dirt, about an hours drive from you.
Not bad, I'll definitely have to check it out. I'm planning to do the CTD in July for my dual sport adventuring fix but it's nice to know there are places somewhat nearby for some weekend fun.

Welcome!
Ok, what's the story behind the photo of the bikes napping on the beach?
That was at Port Orford, Oregon. The end of a 7000 mile cross-country trip that started in Orlando, FL. The bike needed a nap and I needed a beer.

It's a pretty awesome spot though. The only beach I've ever legally ridden on. Got the KLR good and stuck at one point too.

Attachments

• IMG_6844.jpg
    IMG_6844.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 84
Welcome to Texas. I also have a Husky in my stable

Attachments

• D4381EBD-9477-420A-8C1D-B27A80E7F3C0.jpeg
    D4381EBD-9477-420A-8C1D-B27A80E7F3C0.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 86
Welcome to Texas. I also have a Husky in my stable
That's a nice looking bike. Which rally fairing is that? And does it make a noticeable difference riding at high speeds? I've been considering one, especially since I may be riding my 701 back from Montana in a couple of months.

Rade Garage. Marked improvement over no wind protection. Some helmet buffeting at higer speeds. You are welcome to look at it. I’d meet you halfway one day.

Back