• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings, TWT

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Longtime occasional lurker, making this official. I have been riding about 3.5 decades, mostly off-road, though street for the last few years. My long pedigree of mediocrity includes hare scrambles years back, with some followup MTB, and a dangerous illusion of comfort on anything mechanical. Gravity and I have battled - the score is currently tied.

Glad to be here - I miss racing and am considering a comeback tour. In the meantime, while finances are catching up to dreams, ADV riding is really intriguing. The TAT is particularly interesting, and I am in the beginning phase of planning for an intro tour of a section in AR/OK. Baby steps.

Fam (wife, 13 y/o daughter, and I) live about 40 miles north of Tyler, though I work\ in Hunt County, north of Greenville - perfect distance for riding. Bikes include a '17 FJ-09 and '05 KTM 450 EXC (plating in process), as well as a few toys. Extracurricular habits include outdoorsy fun with my ladies - hiking, exploring, lots of lake time.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the asylum! Great bunch of folks hang out here and other parts unknown...:rider:

Indeed - TORO and TCCRA off and on, but consistently from 01-07... I think... a faulty memory is involved.

I miss the racing - the comraderie, competition, everyone going the same direction - what a great, family-friendly atmosphere. Life changes in family and career led to a changed focus of priorities. All very worthwhile.

Perhaps it's time to revisit...

I believe @2WheelNut plated a 450 with @Monica help. They found some trick that made it easy. He may be able to help you out if you have questions.
Yep. Not too bad once you know how to get it done. Monica helped me the first time, I've helped a couple people since then.

I didn't see in his post where he was looking to do this but I can help if needed. Let me know.

Thank you much, Mr. Nut sir; and to EE as well.

Actually, I should be set - things on the bike are good to go and the local inspection guy is next on the list. Better yet, the road is paved with the local county registration ladies. I have their notes on the process, including references to pages in 'the handbook'.

No doubt I'll reach out should I have any trouble.

Now to make a little time in my schedule....

Back