• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Grounded

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just saw the thread on the new GS500 and it's really bothering me.....

Last Sat. my co-workers and I had a get together at Lake Somerville which included some tubing and skiing. I was riding an oversize tube with another guy and we hit a particularly tall wake and I got pulled off the tube but my right leg stayed behind, stuck in the cover inside the tube. I kind of got pulled apart like a wishbone from a X-Mas turkey and my right knee bent in ways that GOD never intended. Short of the story is I partially tore some ligaments in my knee and the Dr ordered me off bikes for at least a month. Turned in my Kawasaki last Monday. Starting this Monday I'll be riding a desk in Investigations. :(

Anyway the Dr says I have a pretty good shot at not needing surgery. I start rehab on Monday also and after the month goes by, I go back to the Dr to get re-evaluated. Hopefully everything will mend on its own.

So enjoy your bike Snoopster. For the next month I'll just be sitting in the garage watching my Speedmaster collect dust. :angryfir:

10-95 said:
...For the next month I'll just be sitting in the garage watching my Speedmaster collect dust. :angryfir:

Nah, I'll bet you'll be polishing the chrome clean off of that puppy. :wink:

Hope your rehab goes well and you get back in the saddle in short order.

Think of it this way, you get to sit out the hottest time of the year and should be good to go when it finally starts to cool back down into the low 90's!! :-P Take the rehab serious!

You may not know me, but I would be glad to take the Speedmaster out every once in a while...just to make sure it stays in good working order :roll:

kawi jm said:
You may not know me, but I would be glad to take the Speedmaster out every once in a while...just to make sure it stays in good working order.

What a thoughtful suggestion! Since you have to come all the way over from Magnolia, I'll offer to alternate with you - just so it's not such a burden. :mrgreen: :wink:

Back