• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Group looking at Big Bend in October

Reaction score
I have a group looking to ride Big Bend. Thinking mid October should be a good time. Some will be RVing it and some will be hoteling it. Thinking about 12-15 people. Looking for recommendations on lodging and a good place to HQ. I was thinking the Study Butte area. Anybody know any of the RV parks that are nice? Motels/ BNBs. Any thing else I need to know. Been there a couple of times but never with a group and always camped in the park. I know Lejitas Resort is nice and the RV park would work but the hotel is $$$$$. Thanks. Failed to mention that we will be on big road bikes.

Last edited:
B0EAD817-28EF-4C97-AAAD-D8109FD2109B.jpeg

I stayed at the yellow submarine at the Around the Bend event earlier this year. Had everything you would need. Bed was comfortable, bar and grill was in walking distance.

Just stay away from the last week of October,the Chili Cookoff`s are the first weekend in November and the week before can get crazy.. It draws at least 20k people and everything gets stupid crowded. Also they ship DPS in from all over the state to help out the Brewster co sheriff..
As far places to stay we usually use BB resort in Study Butte it has a motel, camping and RV sites all in one. Not to mention fuel. Also the Chili Pepper across the street is the place for breakfast..

We stayed at the El Dorado in Terlingua before all this Corona came out, it's nothing fancy, but it was comfortable.

That`s pretty much all the places there. except Lajitas and its $$$$. But I look at it as how much time are you in the room other than sleeping?

The motor inn has rooms and rv park along with a few tent sites.

I stayed at the Study Butte RV Park. It had everything there including, washer/dryer, bathrooms/showers, and a nice Park community center For everyone to enjoy. Plus the grocery store was right across the street and it’s the closest RV Park to the big bend entrance. Also, it was a haven for motorcycle riders as everyone that was there had some kind of motorcycle. It was awesome! *sigh* now I wanna go back!

If you're on big road bikes, then why not Alpine, Ft Davis or other semi close town/city.

Reactions: PJ
Looking at going the week of October 18-25. Is this to close to the The Chili cook off which is Nov. 4-7 ?

I think you'll be OK. All the hotels book up early for it, so if there are rooms down there you should be good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back