• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Groveton Loop Adventure ride - Saturday 10/17/20

20201017_132816.jpg

Yes those are good pics. Thanks for the shot of me crossing the river and I am glad there are none of me duck walking all the sand. I probably would have barelled through it if it wasnt for the drop offs on each side. Actually planning on finding that mile long sand road and trying to practice on it. I recorded and saved that GPX track we took.

The real trick to sand is squeezing the tank between your legs and keeping your arms loose on the bars so they can move around. Trying to keep them from moving is what causes you to go down because it prevents the wheel from using the gyroscopic force to keep you up. You don't have to shift your weight back unless you are slowing down and that helps keep the front end from plowing in to the sand as much. Stand up in a neutral position, knees slightly bent and squeezing the tank, arms loose on the bars, and use your knees to push against the side of the bike to turn.

Back