• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GS can do!

Don’t tell me man I’ve been struggling for the past two weeks if it makes sense to get a 350/500.

There is a reason I've had a 1200 GS and a KTM 530 EXC for the last 9 years... ;-) If you get rid of the GS you will miss it.

Don't know about most of you guys, but that's too deep for me!!
127453354_10223178610960916_2615308022291508437_n.jpg

I've accidentally done that depth. Wouldn't do it again.
I've been in deeper water, not sure that deep, but on these expensive and electronic bikes it would have to be by mistake or no there choice. That's just too deep for me. Don't really want to take a dirt bike that deep.

The one thing that surprised me is how much force faster flowing water has. I’ve been through water holes and slow flowing water crossings; the main concern was how deep it is. But on a ride in Arkansas, we crossed a fast flowing stream with a rock bottom. The water was only a little over a foot deep, but had a strong flow. I hit a hole and stalled. Fortunately, I was able to put a foot down, restart, and climb out. But, while trying to restart the bike, I was amazed at the power of that current pushing against the side of the bike and was glad it wasn’t any deeper; it definitely would have been a lot uglier.

Oh well :shrug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-181518.png
    Screenshot_20210103-181518.png
    100 KB · Views: 174
Back