• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GS can do!

I think some just like getting muddy, lol.

True. It also depends on the frequency....when there's a puddle once every mile or so, maybe you ride around. When there is one every 50 feet, you start just plowing through them.

To be fair, in this picture, there appears to be another spot right after this one. They were probably just in "ride through it" mode.

This is actually 2 of my,buddies at our local hare scramble practice track. No go around other than skipping section. Which my group need Tuesday.
Resized95Screenshot9520181220-124107951210.jpg

Last edited:
I thought maybe the dog was to help you find your way home after you got lost exploring... Or to attract babes since the bike won't do it :-P

View attachment 229792

They said a GS could do it, so figured this hog would, lol
Wonder why he didn't just ride the middle section? Soil looks like sand or sandy loam and not clay. If so, it would have easily went through the middle without sliding off and to the side tracks. Tire tracks would suggest he didn't even try.

Then again....the fact that he's riding that bike on that road would suggest he might not have a lot of dirt experience and might not have had the skill to read the better line.

Not sure I would try that middle line on that bike, of course I wouldn't have that bike down there anyway.

I generally don't stand in stop/go traffic, but there have been times where I have stood for many miles just because it keeps my knees and bum from hurting, especially on the end of a long day of riding :-P My helmet is also quieter when in clean air flow than it is behind the windscreen.

Back