• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GS thread

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Shannon
Soooo, I checked with the keeper of the asylum and he says there’s no thread for this.

So here we go. 2011 bmw gsa 1200. My question today is the front end. I’m getting a lot of crazy wear on my Shinko 705. It’s not really cupping and not tread separation but just strange wear.

Is this shock wear? It’s Factory shock. Tire pressure? 30 psi is what I run on the front. Plus, am I supposed to be worried about the front fork fluids or just the spring?

Is it like that all the way around

Yup. Last shinko 705 was the same. I balanced it too.

Plus, is anybody taking that spacer out below the battery and using a larger battery? I switched to the bigger battery and am now on my second in four years. (charging it now)

Well howdy my drunk uncle, long time no hear. Hope your shoulder is healing. Looking forward to riding in your dust again

View attachment 233127

Plus, is anybody taking that spacer out below the battery and using a larger battery? I switched to the bigger battery and am now on my second in four years. (charging it now)
Bigger is not always better. A quick Google search shows that chinese Scorpion battery at only 220 CCA, the smaller japanese Yuasa is 230 CCA.

My Tenere came new with a Yuasa the same physical size as yours but only 210 CCA. 6 years old, just replaced it last month as it was starting to get weak under load.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I tried the Shinko 705s on my 07 1200 GS. Hated them. They slipped even on dry pavement at moderate lean angles. NOT fun. That said, I use the Shinko 805 rear on my 07 GS and it seems to do very well.

Back