• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSATX

Reaction score
Howdy TX!!

Glad I found this forum and look forward to meeting and learning about riding adventure bikes in Texas. Although I am a Texan, I have lived most of my motorcycling life in Southern California. I've toured most of the state on and off pavement and a great deal of the Pacific Northwest as well. Happy to share info and make acquaintances happen to any who are venturing out west, there is no shortage of truly exceptional riding on and off pavement in a every skill level.

I'm riding "home" in September and taking my time riding through Arizona and New Mexico before hitting the Lone Star State. I may be riding solo some of the time and would like to hit some BDR sections in AZ and NM, if anyone has any info on what sections to avoid if riding solo that's appreciated. I've earned the nickname "pickles" as I've often found myself in precarious situations and am working to err on the side of caution nowadays. Definitely an open invitation to anyone who would like to rendezvous at any part of the adventure. I have Rever routes mapped out and happy to share. I'm attaching a few links, hopefully they work!

Happy Trails to all, hope to see you out there.

Isaac

Attachments

• IMG_7688.jpeg
    IMG_7688.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_7901.jpeg
    IMG_7901.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 161
Howdy and welcome.

Jealous of the PNW riding. That's on my bucket list.

Thank you, Jarrett. You will not be disappointed. Let me know before you go, happy to share ride intel with you. Attached a sneak peek for ya :)

Attachments

• 9466278A-9A12-45C0-BC67-BEDCE3978C58.jpeg
    9466278A-9A12-45C0-BC67-BEDCE3978C58.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 154
Hello and welcome!

Many thanks, Joe! I used to go to summer camp as a kid in Medina a stone's throw from Kerrville. Plan on taking a ride out there at some point during my stay in Austin. Beautiful country :)

Welcome from the desert Southwest contingent. I have a lot of knowledge of Arizona roads, but only the paved variety. I would suggest you sign up at AZ Beemers - forum or FB page - and ask there as well; lots of experienced off-road riders are in the group.

Welcome from the desert Southwest contingent. I have a lot of knowledge of Arizona roads, but only the paved variety. I would suggest you sign up at AZ Beemers - forum or FB page - and ask there as well; lots of experienced off-road riders are in the group.

Thank you, Brian! Will definitely check 'em out šŸ‘

Back