• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSL Ranch. check this place out.

bincs

Reaction score
There's a little known gem in the hill country called GSL ranch. It is 500 acre ranch with two mx tracks. One adult, one kids. The adult is unfinished with few obstacles at the moment. It is cut about 1.3 miles long though. It is a blast to run still. The rest of the place is for offroading. There are established trails and you can make your own.Open to trailblazing! The terrain varies from loam to hard pack,to rocky.Woods and wide open.
The prices are $10 per day per rider. Kids under 12 ride free this year.
FREE CAMPING! just pay your day fees. Non-riders free.
Open to riders starting Feb. 1st this year.

The address is : 517 edge falls rd.
Kendalia,TX 78027
It is north of San Antonio.
The number for the owner is:210-315-2166 His name Sam.
Here is a link with a map.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/where-to-ride/locations/1808-gsl-ranch/

This place needs rider support to grow and develop. So come out and have a good time. :rider:
I'll be out there with few riders warming up for concho enduro a weekend or two in feb. If any one wants to join in with just pm me. I'll tell you when.

Went out a couple of years ago when he first got started he had only about
A quarter mile of trail at the time but we rode around and had a great day.

I had heard he decided to deer lease the land instead of off road so never went back, looks like it is time to try him again

He has had to close up during hunting season to keep the taxes paid on the the land. He said if he gets enough riders he will stay open all year. I really want to see the track get more developed.It is fun now. It will be awesome when finish.

I rode my XT250 up to GSL Ranch from my house today. I got there, and Sam pointed me to the riding. I found the kid's track, and quite a bit of trail that has been marked with orange ribbon/paint. The trails need rode in, but there is allot of potential in this place, what with it being so close to San Antonio. I made it in under 45 minutes, including a gas stop from the north side of San Antonio. I didn't realize until I got home, and pulled up my GPS track in Google Earth that I apparently missed the adult track....oh well, this was just a recce run. Need to take a bike that doesn't have mirrors and turn signals for the trees to rip off...

Some pictures from my ride up there today....

Attachments

• P4270039c.jpg
    P4270039c.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 583
  • P4270040c.jpg
    P4270040c.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 563
  • P4270041c.jpg
    P4270041c.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 555
  • P4270042c.jpg
    P4270042c.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
More pictures from today. Nice, steep, rocky downhill on one of the trails.

Attachments

• P4270045c.jpg
    P4270045c.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 556
  • P4270044c.jpg
    P4270044c.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 557
  • P4270043c.jpg
    P4270043c.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 663
Three more pictures, and the GPS file, if anyone wants it. And if you do look at it, you might notice I backtracked a few times. One time was at the big hill. Since I was on the XT, was alone, and had lost two water bottles because I forgot to zip up the tail bag, I decided to turn around. Oh, you might also notice I missed the turn to Falls Edge too...oh well, I have to remember the GPS is about 400 feet behind....

oh, and the last picture really isn't from GSL Ranch, I "snipped" it from the GoPro video of the ride home....but I thought it was interesting, and warranted sharing.

Attachments

• P4270046c.jpg
    P4270046c.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 596
  • P4270047c.jpg
    P4270047c.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 523
  • P4270048c.jpg
    P4270048c.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 552
  • Current Track_ 27 APR 2014 10_13.gpx
    287.4 KB · Views: 443
  • Bikinis.jpg
    Bikinis.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 590
Nice video. It looks like he's been working on the place. I'll have come ride in a weekend or two.

I sure wish we had something like that closer to Huntsville. Seems like all the fun stuff is so far away :doh:

Try living in Katy. SHNF is almost an hour and a half : (

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I know of, but the track is pretty wide open except for the two big "humps." Not sure how to describe them, but they are fun. there is also some open road (not much) and some tight single track. For $10, you can't go wrong. Since you're in Spring Branch, it can't be far from you.

Nice to see a decent riding area handy to the San Antonio area. I never know where to find any dirt & trails to ride when I am there. Will have to give this place a try real soon.
Great pricing too!

I called on Saturday to inquire about riding. I left a message but haven't heard anything back yet.

Anyone know if he's still allowing riders on his place?

hey guys i just spoke with sam and yes he is open for riding .and would love for folks too come out he said even during the weak just call .210 315 2166 . he is trying to work and get this place up and running for is retirement he rides also .i plan on going down there 7 19 14 my daughter lives in austin teahing my son in law too ride see ya tony d:rider::rider::rider:

retrorider--sorry i didn't respond sooner, but was on vacation and far away from the computer. TDtrans--thanks for the info. I'd love to go out again, but on he 19th my son is having a birthday party for BOTH of my grand daughters, so won't be able to make it then. Also may have to wait till it cools down some....

Cool; thanks for the info. I'm going to make it out there at some point, but probably not until August. I'll post up when I know when I can make it.

That's what I did the first time. Then we took the YZ, so we had to take the truck too...need to get back out there, but may wait till it cools down some.

i am going this sat taking my son inlaw he rides mountain bikes with cole kirkpatrick . him and a couple of his go fast clan are maybe gonna show up and help burn in some trail .cole is not only fast he is a heck of nice guy .looking forward to new place to ride even if its 3 hrs away see ya tony d:sun::sun:

Broke my throttle but interested in a meetup as soon as I get fixed up Ill keep an eye on this thread.

Back