• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSL Ranch. check this place out.

Spoke to Sam today. The ranch is open for riding but starting October 1, the riding hours will be 9a - 4p to accommodate the hunters. Camping will still be allowed during hunting season.

I may try to sneak out there this weekend sometime. I'll post up if it happens.

Yes, it is still going.
My daughter and I camped out there in the beginning of December. We got there late on a Saturday afternoon but couldn't ride because it was after 4 during hunting season. We woke up Sunday and by 10am there were already folks coming in with bikes & quads. It turned out to be a beautiful day and in all I would say there were over 2 dozen riders of all ages.

It is a fun, friendly, inexpensive place with lots of trails... we weren't able to explore them all in just one day. We will be going back.

I've heard of that place and I think one rider in our group has been. I was at the gas station in Buda near my house one day and there were multiple vehicles with bikes going there. I heard the terrain was mostly mild which was why I haven't been yet.

Getting some challenging trails cut would be great. I'm a city park and north loop at HF kind of guy.

Last edited:
I am very interested in going to check out this place. Geese it's in my backyard (San Antonio) and i didn't know about it. I don't have a day planned yet but i would be open to suggestion from anyone who might want to meet up and go riding. I would hate to show up alone. My days off are Sunday's and Tuesdays. I'm a mid level rider on a Dual Sport.

I'm a mid level rider on a Dual Sport.[/QUOTE]

Stay sharp & watch out for hidden baby heads lurking in the grassy trails. Each time I have been there, the trails are so seldomly ridden that they are over grown with weeds in places. I've already seen those hidden mini boulders do in one of unlucky TWTer.

They should try to get an Austin Motorsports Association (AMSA) ride day at GSL. It would help them mark and wear in some trails. You usually get 50-100 riders at an invent and it's mostly a sea of orange.

I was just at the McMahon ride day in Smithville on New Years Day.

That is what this place really needs. I bet a big group of riders could easily get this place dialed in with some new trails, and sort out all the existing, in just one weekend.

Curious to know if GSL still open and if anyone knows how many miles of single track trail

There are plenty of trails to explore. I would expect about 4 to 6 hours to check them all out. It is not as big as Marble Falls Adventure Park but it is pretty awesome.

It usually closes during hunting season. I am not a hunter so I don't know when that is. If you call the phone number the recording will usually say.

My son and spent they day at GSL Ranch a few weeks back. He was on a CRF70F and I was on a KTM 450EXC. It cost us all of $10 to ride for the day. Kids under 15 are free. :sun:

He's only 10 and not too comfortable trail riding, but is WOT on a track. :eek2: He is right at the edge of needing a larger bike and could have used more ground clearance and suspension travel to handle things like the rocky creek bed.

I enjoyed the trails, and the easy going attitude of the people we met there. Finding the ranch is a bit difficult. You actually have to travel through a ranch to get to GSL's gate. The GPS was right on, but the gate said "Private Property". We were told to drive that road until we hit GSL.

It isn't maintained in any way, but there was plenty of space to ride, just don't chase the livestock. (per rules) :rofl:

My son enjoys White Knuckle Ranch more, but my 44 y.o. body can't handle that too often.

All in all, we will definately be going back.

Heading to GSL ranch Saturday 12-29 for the day. I will be with my son (17yr.) and his friend who just started riding. We will just be hanging out and riding for the day if anyone wants to come out. I'll be in a white crew cab Chevrolet with white enclosed trailer, both dirty.

Last edited:
Heading to GSL ranch Saturday 12-29 for the day. I will be with my son (17yr.) and his friend who just started riding. We will just be hanging out and riding for the day if anyone wants to come out. I'll be in a white crew cab Chevrolet with white enclosed trailer, both dirty.

I hope the recent rain didn't muddy things up too bad. We tried to go out there a few days after a big storm here in Kerrville and a good number of the trails were flooded in spots. If you're not afraid of getting muddy you probably could ford them. My son wasn't too excited about the idea after he buried his bike in a mud hole the first try. I was happy that the bike remained upright, it was just buried up to the axles in mud, which then tried to suction my boots off my feet when I had to pull his little CRF70 out.

Yeah I’d rather not play in the mud but, I have a day to go so I’ll take it like I get it.

Attachments

• 02380E7B-4212-4F5C-9846-63D5D14BE0D4.jpeg
    02380E7B-4212-4F5C-9846-63D5D14BE0D4.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 270
There was a few guys there before Christmas.
https://www.twtex.com/forums/thread...rday-12-15-18-9a-little-gretel-boerne.119031/
They are planning another one also.

The high tomorrow is 40deg, but the crew is still willing.

I'd rather it be 40 degrees than 80. By the time I get all geared up, I'm sweating. That's before even trying to start the bike. :-)

Have fun, take pictures, and let us know. I have next week off and the son & I may need to make the trip out there.

I rode the bush pig out this afternoon from K-ville, stuck $10 in the honor box and had the whole place to myself.... nice black mud holes in the woods, not too deep.. had a great time till about 4:30, then it started to rain, so i boogied back home.

Back