• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Haikusoubi tools

Reaction score
I received this 1/4" socket set for Christmas:

In my 48 years, this is the first time I have owned 1/4" ratchet and sockets. I am quite the power user of overusing consumer grade tools, having done everything from restoring a car to remodeling a house using mostly Craftsman, Husky and Kobalt tools. And I mean, I have used these tools a LOT. I'm a 30 year veteran avid DIYer and home mechanic.

Anyway, I had wanted some 1/4" tools mostly because working on motorcycles warrants these smaller tools. I read a ton of reviews and searched all over, on the one hand thinking maybe I should just get some from Harbor Freight but those just felt like junk in my hands, on the other hand thinking of getting a set of Husky that matches my trusty 3/8" set that I've been using for over a decade, and part of me thinking maybe I should spring for Matco or Snapon tools in this case. Eventually I decided to take a risk on something that the internet said was excellent and in the middle of the price spectrum, a brand I had never heard of. So I put it on my Amazon wish list.

OK. I never imagined I could get excited about a ratchet set like this. This set is brilliant. Brilliant I tell you! And talk about perfect for working on motorcycles. The T-handle is fabulous, and using it with the extensions and the 1/4" bit adapter along with Torx or Allen bits is brilliant. The ratchet drive on the end of the nut driver handle is just magical. I have a garage full of tools that I've been collecting most of my life, and this little orange box is absolutely my favorite.

I'm a tool junkie, these look cool. Might even warrant another small tool chest to sit on my tool cabinet. Oooh yeahhhhh !

(Saved to my wish list)

I have no information on durability of these tools but they appear to be the same kind of quality (maybe even the exact same manufacturer) as my Husky 3/8" set which has lasted over a decade of very, very hard use without breaking a single thing. So with any luck these will be as good. But man, the features are legit.

Thank you for posting about these little guys. I'm always interested in hearing real world reviews of tools from actual people that know how to work on things. I'm going to keep these in my Save for Later list and if I need them I'll know which ones I'm getting. :thumb:

Yeah you know how handy a T-handle allen wrench is, well imagine putting a little 3" or 6" extension on the T-handle 1/4" driver and use that with a socket. Or put the T-handle in the 1/4" drive socket on the end of the handle of the nut driver to just get some torque while pressing the tool. I don't know about you guys, but I use a socket on an extension all the time to start a bolt and thread it in until it's finger tight then put the ratchet on it to tighten it, often time with the ratchet attached and I turn against the ratchet. Imagine using a nutdriver like that, just thread in the bolt to finger tight turning against the ratchet then use the ratchet handle to tighten it. Genius.

Really this is the perfect tool set. As soon as I got my hands on this set I decided to get 3/8" to go with it, but as far as I can tell so far, it seems these guys may only make a 1/4" set. For working on motorcycles, bicycles and all the other small stuff I work on, this really is perfect.

Thanks Mr72. I mean dang you Mr72. I’m probably going to $42.99 lighter in the wallet. I really don’t even need it. :headbang:

Thanks Mr72. I mean dang you Mr72. I’m probably going to $42.99 lighter in the wallet. I really don’t even need it. :headbang:

HAHA well sorry bout that. not really.

I mean, I am embarking on a big redo of my garage including throwing out a ton of stuff and reogranizing everything and today I was shopping for these big rolling tool chests. Man those are pricey. Toolbox is likely to be $1100! Whole project including extending the storage loft and building in some shelving, wiring, lighting, etc., along with needing to replace two garage door openers, is likely to be $2K or more. $45 worth of 1/4" sockets is going to feel like chump change.

Just last week I also had to buy a new cordless drill because the one I used for the past five years and built a deck, remodeled my house, and did everything else with, let the magic smoke out, and I left my backup drill at my parents' place in Castell. Welp, I needed that tool and it's only money right?

I have a 1/4" ratchet drive. It's pretty small and I don't use it often. But when I need it, it's absolutely invaluable.

Love my:
1/4 drive when working on small engines (bike, utility motors etc)
3/8 when working on mid-size motors (cars, <40 HP tractors)
1/2 drive when working on chassis, suspension, heads. main bearings, flexplates, clutches etc
3/4 drive when working on most farm equipment (or when the 1/2 drive projects get uppity)
1" drive - pay to have that done

with looking at those ratchets, it looks like the same drop out as a strap-on.

I ordered the set, they are awesome. Want to underscore that they come with an extensive selection of bits that are extremely well suited for fairing fastener removal on my BMWs. Just did the front brake pads and fluid change on my K1200RS and used this set exclusively with exception of caliper removal and re-torquing. Super stoked to get good tools that can be immediately thrown in to service and perform beyond expectation.

Thank you mr72 !

Dave.

Back