• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hail’s KTM 790 Farkle Thread

Had room for one more!
241100735_10223578712647373_2203512939697769322_n.jpg

Got my Mosco Moto 4L & 5L side pockets installed today.

18E31968-663F-4529-B504-BF1EFE07FF6A.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the Altrider Rack and Givi top case on the 790 alot! I like them so much I went ahead and ordered the Altrider rack for my 1290 Adv also. The OEM luggage I have on my 1290 is so heavy and wastes a so much storage space. Neither is true of the Givi top case. It will be nice to share them between the bikes. ...and just to accomodate more needs I went ahead and ordered the GIVI 42L Outback top case. That one will fit a helmet unlike my Dolomiti.

9-17-2021 1-15-40 PM.jpg

Last edited:
I think these are the best racks made for KTM Adventure bikes!!! They are designed to fit most boxes. You just order the mounting hardware. I have one on my 790 with my Givi top box on it.

Got my 21 year anniversary gift from my wife a few days early. She does listen!!!

792583C8-4155-422D-8747-6DF07DFC4C0B.jpeg

Installed pivot pegs today.

Also ran by Motorcycles Unlimited and placed the order for my new suspension. They said it may take 6 weeks to get in so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
I would have left the crash bars off and upgraded the aluminum foil skid plate. I had crash bars on mine originally but removed them after they moved on a small drop. I then went along with all the other 790 owners and decided I did not want the bars transferring the energy to those mounting points. I upgraded to a Black Dog Cycle Works skid plate. The consensus seem to be; AXP, BDCW, Ian Chappel and Enduro Engineering for skid plates.
I decided to take them off. Everything I have read is that KTM designed these tanks and guards to be dropped so I am just going to do without.

Suspension goal? Bang for the buck, sprung for my weight with some to spare for gear. Stock photos below. The goodies should be in in just a few weeks.

Andreani Cartridge Inserts from Rotweiler Performance
andreani.jpg

Nitron R1 Rear Shock.
Nitron R1.jpg

Last edited:
I think these are the best racks made for KTM Adventure bikes!!! They are designed to fit most boxes. You just order the mounting hardware. I have one on my 790 with my Givi top box on it.

I wish I would have seen this earlier. I might have been able to keep my hand grabs if I had gone this route on my 1290.

That one really looks nice!

perunmoto.jpg

Installed a small guard to protect my headers. Used heavy duty zip ties instead of screws because I was too lazy to take the OEM skid plate off for the installation.

5E6C20C6-99AE-41C4-8C31-1575F966C61A.jpeg

54B9B367-FE23-47CE-AC7B-49E1B56D64F4.jpeg

If you're going to do much off-roading, you better replace that factory skid plate soon!
Definitely part of the plan. It at least has a Touratech reinforcement kit installed. I still isn’t that sturdy.

I hadn’t planned to but I went ahead and installed a center stand. Because I park my 790 between my trailer and my garage door for east access I really need it to stand straight up to maximize space. I could store the 790 on the trailer with my DRZ but it is just more work every time I want to ride.
11F5986A-3FC5-45E3-941B-2DBF7FADDC90.jpeg

34AE499E-A500-40A6-B7B5-79228AE52C4D.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought a Mosko Backcountry 30L duffle.
48D8378A-5C80-431A-85AF-FE6646EE0B12.jpeg

Getting ready for my first camping trip off the 790 next weekend. I spent the morning trying to figure out how I want to pack on the 790 for camping. I managed to get 98% of my camping and cooking gear in the 30L Mosko duffle. I am just going to leave my camping gear in the duffle for grab and go in the future. Tools in the smaller right pannier. Clothes and rain gear in left. Cameras and other tech in my lockable Givi hard top case along with extra space for any trip souvenirs.

DDCA81AA-30FA-4EC5-9A65-58A7A323C210.jpeg

Last edited:
Lol, The Klim and Altrider decals are there from the previous owner. I removed a few decals already. “Protected by Pitbull” is mine. if I recal the Klim sticker is covering up a scratch on the swing arm

I did buy the first bit of Klim gear in my life a few months ago. Summer gloves. I ride enough that most of the gloves I have been buying have to be replaced every year. I am hoping the Klim gloves hold up to their reputation.

Last edited:
Ran the wiring for my Zumo XT yesterday. Just waiting for my Motominded.com mount to come in.

1D9F15AD-A4C9-4050-AB8B-F6CB8FF8A46C.jpeg

Last edited:
Ran the wiring for my Zumo XT yesterday. Just waiting for my Motominded.com mount to come in.

View attachment 309996

Below is a photo of the Vanasche Billet 890/790/390 GPS Mount from MotoMinded.com. I like the fact that it already has a pathway for the power cable. The mount places any GPS at the same angle as the LCD. I will have to determine later whether I wish it were adjustable or not. MotoPumps makes a similar mount that is adjustable but at a higher price point.

mount.jpg

1640156472132.png

This one has a pathway for the cables also but it's a lot cheaper than the Vanasche. It's the one I used.

View attachment 310086

This one has a pathway for the cables also but it's a lot cheaper than the Vanasche. It's the one I used.
It won’t work with the ZumoXT. At least that is what I read. … unless you use ram mounts. I will be able to confirm soon because I accidentally ordered your mount with the Vanasche. For some reason i thought i needed both.

So…. It may or may not be up for sale soon.

Last edited:
Back