• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Hall of Fame" for best ride reports?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab I was thinking that given how many ride reports there are in the Story Telling Section if people might enjoy a sticky thread at the top of the section with links to maybe 10-15 of the "best reports" from the beginning of the site in Feb 03 until now? Perhaps people could post up links to the ones they like here and we could then select from those? Thoughts?

Here are the suggestions thus far:

Bringing the next generation along... by Tourmeister

There comes a time... by Tourmiester

Reader's Digest condensed version. by Humanrace

Mountains, Rivers, Canyons, Lakes, Statues and Oddities, Both Domestic and Foreign, Then Repeat by Humanrace

Desert Sledin Dummies Thumpin Utah by KsTeveM

My first (and NOT last) trip to Big Bend Ranch & State Park 12/28/11-01/01/12 by Tourmeister

Colorado passes by 3 couples by humanrace

The Great SW Colorado Mountain Pass Adventure of 2010 by a whole bunch of folks!

Ride Hard, Take Unnecessary Chances, Safety Third - MexTrek 2009 by a whole bunch of folks!

The Adventure Begins... Tejas A La Tierra by TroyfromTexas

7 States, 3100 miles, two-up with my daughter! by danceswithcages

Cloudcroft New Mexico ride - Memorial Day Weekend 2010 by Rsquared, Tourmeister and Wasabi

Adventure begins where plans fail... Cloudcroft, NM. Aug 2012 by Rsquared and Tourmeister

Enough with the freaking snow already! - Motocamping from TX to CA by connick

Mexico March Ride by miltonotto

Have cup, will travel by TexasShadow

Back Roads in Oregon by TexasShadow

50 first dates report by Soozy

$4000 for a picture by sparkyphotog

My Ride Into Oblivion by DFW Warrior

It all started with pie... by M38A1

Minimalist's ride through Mexico by z_clark

Gnats, Knobbies, Bolts, Bullets and Boulders... The Thrashing of Best Laid Plans... by Gotdurt, Tx Rider, and Tourmeister

My Alaska trip via ALCAN highway by Bluedevil

Rocketbunny Rocks the Rockies by Rocketbunny

Four Bikers and a Monkey by Squeaky, Snoopster, Rainmaker and Skid

Trippin' Connies by klb1122

The Big Trip by Irondawg

Clayton, Ok., Mar. 23-26th, 2006 by Tourmeister, Photojojo, and dbdolan

Big Bend: Can't get enough! by CBAT (The Bruce)

CBAT and a Nomad Ride the Great Divide, Part 1 by CBAT (The Bruce)

The Great Divide Part II, and more by CBAT (The Bruce)

Big Bend; A new adventure. April 2010 - Big Bend Ranch State Park by CBAT (The Bruce)

Last edited:
That one is a repost I believe. Almost anything by Elzi would qualify.

That one is a repost I believe. Almost anything by Elzi would qualify.

Her poetic prose style is very appealing...I also like Milton Otto's earthy experience while traveling in Mexico on his Harley. The pictures are very good and supplement the ride narrative quite well.

RB

We need links to specific reports, not just names ;-)

Here are my three nominees:

Since I'm pretty visually oriented, and I love the photos in this one as well as the story:

Rocketbunny Rocks the Rockies

Even though I'm not a big group ride report fan, this is one of the first "ride reports I ever read and I have a special fondness for it. For the overall story:

Four Bikers and a Monkey

And, as a philosophic journey (great title, too):

My Ride Into Oblivion

So many good ride reports on this site, I had a hard time selecting, and of course I love all the TexasShadow reports mentioned by previous posters.

Soozy's adventures are a good read, too.

Her scooter to the West coast would be the first to come to my mind. It has everything a good story needs; great pictures, interesting new friends, and a little adversity.

I hadn't seen that one and that looked like a great adventure.

If adventure is defined by things not going according to plan... it was!! :lol2: I would love to do it again.

Isn't that how all the best stories start, with nothing going as planned...

Scott,

You are going to get 101 different picks from 100 riders. I suggest that the program randomly picks one and display a picture from the ride report like it does on the photo that I see when I start up twt.

Scott,

You are going to get 101 different picks from 100 riders. I suggest that the program randomly picks one and display a picture from the ride report like it does on the photo that I see when I start up twt.

Nah... there might be a lot of different picks, but there are alot of great ride reports out there. It would be nice to have a library of ones that I know are good to go back through and browse when I've got time to kill. The big ones that stick in my head aren't necessarily from this site, though, so I don't really have anything to recommend.

Scott,

:tab That would be tough to do.

Nah... there might be a lot of different picks, but there are alot of great ride reports out there. It would be nice to have a library of ones that I know are good to go back through and browse when I've got time to kill. The big ones that stick in my head aren't necessarily from this site, though, so I don't really have anything to recommend.

:tab That last comment is kind of what I am working at. Hopefully, getting some of the best reports posted up for folks to see will encourage others to have their own adventures and to contribute more stories here.

It would be nice, if for the multi-post reports, you could screen or filter for just the posts that were actually part of the report, so you didn't hafta scroll through bunch of :popcorn: and "can't wait for the rest" and other interjections.

Dunno if that is even possible, but it would make ride report reading really relaxed.

Back