• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Handlebar Rise, Width, Sweep - Picking the Right One

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Let's talk handlebars and risers because it is a subject that has never been discussed in the history of motorcycles.

As far as I have found, the stock bars on my '17 CRF250L are 798mm wide, 96mm high, and have a 72mm sweep. I have short arms so need to change things up, I hope to stick with the stock 7/8" bars, and will be looking at Renthal because I am a fan. When I am standing, it feels like I need 1-2" more rise, a little more width would be nice, and probably less sweep to help it feel like more of a motocross bike. However, with short arms, less sweep may be bad without adding pull back. I had short risers on my '13 CRF250L with the stock bars, and it really did not help much if any.

- CR Highbend seems to be very popular, it has practically identical dimensions as stock but 3/8" less sweep. This could work with some adjustable 2" risers like the Rox Speed FX, so I can pull the bars back towards me a bit, but adds $80.

- Enduro Highbend is 1 3/8" wider, 1 3/8" taller, but about the same sweep. This may work without the need for risers and is cost effective. I am assuming the stock cables will still work. If it does not do the trick, and I need risers anyway, it could cause cable length issues with too much rise.

- The Carmichael Highbend is 5/8" wider, 1" taller, 5/8" less sweep. I like the sound of this one, but probably would require the Rox adjustable risers for more pull back, and may cause cable length issues.

- The Carmichael is almost identical to the CR highbend, but with about 3/8" less sweep, or about 3/4" less sweep than stock. Again, adjustable risers would be required.

Comments, insults?

I am 6 foot 2 i run windam high bend with 1 inch bars risers .on all my offroad bikes .just got 18 350 xc first thing changed the bars .no cable issues on any of them

I like the concept of the Fasstco bars but not priced for my budget at this time. What a great looking design though!

The Windham are 3/8" wider, 3/8" shorter, just less than 1/2" less sweep. With a 2" riser, that puts me at 1 5/8" taller and close to my goal.

Back