• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Handy tool thread

We've all got ratchets, but it wasn't until recently I learned that good old ratchets are serviceable. Most of my hand tools are Craftsman from 20 years ago when they were USA made. And back then the warranty was second to none.

My 1/4" ratchet started slipping so I almost took it to Lowes (who now carries Craftsman) for a replacement; but I did some research and learned the replacement tools are made in China and inferior. Did more research and learned how to take apart the ratchet, clean it up, and grease. Be careful not to lose the tiny spring or ball bearing when reassembling.

Now it works as good as new. Time to freshen up the 3/8" and 1/2" ratchets.

Craftsman had one of the best-ever commercials about 20 years ago. It depicted a man in China, an aircraft tech, peddling to work on a bicycle, with a Craftsman toolbox tied to the back of the bike. The commercial ended with this tag line:

"Some people choose Craftsman tools because they can replace them anytime they want. Others choose Craftsman because they can't."​

Craftsman had one of the best-ever commercials about 20 years ago. It depicted a man in China, an aircraft tech, peddling to work on a bicycle, with a Craftsman toolbox tied to the back of the bike. The commercial ended with this tag line:

"Some people choose Craftsman tools because they can replace them anytime they want. Others choose Craftsman because they can't."​

And that is what we call IRONY... :lol2:

Back