• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Happy bike day to me

Monica

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Was able to get ahold of a bike I had a feeling I was destined for. Brought home a wr250r from Gary today. Brad this bike probably looks familiar. It'll need some work like Rekluse and suspension work but once done it'll fit me fine. I'm looking forward to being on a 250 again but also nervous going to a slightly larger bike. Litte Blue here has me spoiled as I can manhandle it and it doesn't bite hard. A bigger bike means I need to work more. Y'all should've seen me loading it - need to up my deadifts lol

Anyway thought I'd share. Looking forward to keeping up with traffic now.

Attachments

• 20190428_174550.jpg
    20190428_174550.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 20190428_180437.jpg
    20190428_180437.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 20190428_180524.jpg
    20190428_180524.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 230
Enjoy! I look forward to seeing it all setup for you. I think your going to like it.

Joe, the tank is huge! Safari 3.7gal. It's like a camel.
She has some great upgrades on her already. Calling her a her right now (like a battleship) but it may be boy, not sure yet lol The rack system is pretty cool. Gary showed me the saddle bags on them, very easy to use. Also the rack works great to muscle the rear end around ;)

Bud, much appreciated. I keep you in mind there in NB.

Hows the height situation?
Its tall. has a lowering link and tubes raised in the fork and I need 3.75" from there to touch the ground. In the pic those cedar blocks are the distance. Travis at GoRace said he can do it.

Last edited:
Nice scooter, I fall off of my DR-Z400S all the time because I am short. I feel your pain. Makes me think about where to put my foot down and stuff. That said I lowered my DR-Z400SM (for a bit of cash) and it is almost perfect height for me now. I ran my DR-ZS out of gas yesterday while riding with Mitchntx while riding about 40 miles yesterday. I have a big tank on it, but if you don't put gas in it, she doesn't go so far.

You didn't tell me it's a tanker! With that tank, the racks --get the recluse and your passaporte and you're ready for Mexico!

Super congrats again!

You didn't tell me it's a tanker! With that tank, the racks --get the recluse and your passaporte and you're ready for Mexico!

Super congrats again!
muahahaaha - thanks!
Funny you mention that, my newly renewed passport has yet to make a maiden voyage...also Rekluse ordered to-day :trust:

Nice scooter, I fall off of my DR-Z400S all the time because I am short. I feel your pain. Makes me think about where to put my foot down and stuff. That said I lowered my DR-Z400SM (for a bit of cash) and it is almost perfect height for me now. I ran my DR-ZS out of gas yesterday while riding with Mitchntx while riding about 40 miles yesterday. I have a big tank on it, but if you don't put gas in it, she doesn't go so far.
And I hate thinking too lol On my first street bike I had to be careful, It wasn't lowered but if I got into the wrong spot, if it started to go I had a tough time keepin it up. Least the dual sport plastics and handguards are more apt to taking that kind of abuse.
Definitely going to be some money up front to get the bike like as I need it, but it should have me set.

I'm looking forward to the long legs on the tank, but still a little intimidated by the weight and visual of it. Hopefully that will subside as I get some seat time and get comfortable.

When the Wee was new to me, it was much taller and heavier than previous bike. After almost tumping over a time or two, I kept the tank only half full for a while. It helped (mebbe just mentally.)

When the Wee was new to me, it was much taller and heavier than previous bike. After almost tumping over a time or two, I kept the tank only half full for a while. It helped (mebbe just mentally.)
Mentally goes a long way. I'll fill up halfway for now.

Quik inquiry..I need to transfer title, inspect and register bike. Will it be ok for me to take the bike to do the shop work first, have them inspect it before I go to county office to title and register? I'll get insurance on it before it goes to the shop so it can get inspected. Does that sound ok?

Insurance is first
then inspection

Take all that paperwork to the DMV and the transfer and registration will take place at the same time.

All you want to know, there's a thread for that.

Insurance is first
then inspection

Take all that paperwork to the DMV and the transfer and registration will take place at the same time.
Okie dokie.
Insurance then inspection. Hopefully I can do title and registration while the bike is laid up at the shop and I can take new sticker back.
Bike will be riding in the truck to and from the shop

Okie dokie.
Insurance then inspection. Hopefully I can do title and registration while the bike is laid up at the shop and I can take new sticker back.
Bike will be riding in the truck to and from the shop

Like with a car, the bike has to pass road-worthiness inspections.
So it needs to be in running, operating condition in order to demonstrate that.
But, the operator doesn't have to be the owner.

Like with a car, the bike has to pass road-worthiness inspections.
So it needs to be in running, operating condition in order to demonstrate that.
But, the operator doesn't have to be the owner.
Sweet, thanks. I'll ask if they would hit the inspection first thing before tearing into it.

Random.. but I am having half the mind to want to supermoto this bike...

Bike dropped off at Destination yesterday. I'm very excited about it. The guys there in service were really attentive and great helping me get set up for this project. Enjoyed talking to them. Mike (Tech) and Aaron (Service Advisor), if anyone goes by, they will get you taken care of. Great guys. Don't forget to pet Crankshaft, the shop cat šŸˆ

Bike dropped off at Destination yesterday. I'm very excited about it. The guys there in service were really attentive and great helping me get set up for this project. Enjoyed talking to them. Mike (Tech) and Aaron (Service Advisor), if anyone goes by, they will get you taken care of. Great guys. Don't forget to pet Crankshaft, the shop cat šŸˆ
Don't forget a pic when you return.šŸˆ

Back