• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Happy Birthday to Me.

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Well, just turning 74 yrs and just getting back to riding my bikes a little after by pass heart surgery a couple months ago. I decided to get a more comfortable 4 wheel ride than my '95 C4. So this came up and it was on. Sold C4, Sold boat I did use more than 4 times last year, mainly taking up space in my garage.
Then I found this pretty local ( 45 miles ) for me. Now it resides in my gaage and I'm very happy with it. ;-)
03%20Vette%201-1.jpg

Nice C5! Did you get a manual or slushbox? Since the C7's have been out a while now, the C5 cars can be had for a good price. Nice thing about sports cars - you can have lots o'fun while staying comfortable and dry compared to bikes!

Craig

Nice C5! Did you get a manual or slushbox? Since the C7's have been out a while now, the C5 cars can be had for a good price. Nice thing about sports cars - you can have lots o'fun while staying comfortable and dry compared to bikes!

Craig

For sure the slushbox. Lots of town driving and not wanting to deal with a clutch problem in the future. Car has 109,000 plus miles on it.
After over 400,000 miles on bikes roaming about N. America and my last crash avoiding a deer 4 years ago. Plus, a better platform in bad weather. LOL!

Last edited:
Nice car!

popcorn.gif

It sure will be a lot more secure than a motorcycle. I think a major wreck with deer etc. would take the wind out of my sails too.

RB

Back