• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harley-Davidson Pan American

That was a very informative video. Well worth going through the entire thing if you have an interest in the bike.

I have to say, on paper I really like the bike. The front end styling is becoming less ugly to me as I get more used to it and I think it looks a lot better with the single color options as apposed to the two-tone orange/silver.

I look forward to them hitting the showroom and one day being able to ride it.

Last edited:
This is what I'd order but I'd opt for the wire wheels

1615121450701.png

So I am getting my information from a former coworker who is on the Pan America team. They spent a week on the bike at the AZ test facility. He owns GS’s and said this thing is very good off road and looks way better in person than print. If anyone is going to bike week you can see them and I think ride them.

Everything sounds like they did their homework and produced a completely modern bike that is competitive with other heavy weight ADV bikes. They didn't limit themselves by making look like a Harley. I like the Indian FTR, but this looks more functional for me and my spouse who likes to ride on the back.

Took an FTR around the block yesterday. Nice bike and more capable than I am but very single dimensional. This bike would be a much better choice for a couple.

Another thing I have to give HD credit for and that's the option to raise and lower the bike at stops. If it really works as described it'll be brilliant because SO many riders are excluded from considering ADV bikes because of their inseam length. With this option and the low seat option it is 4" shorter than standard at a standstill. Very cool.

I think it’s great that they are trying to shake it up. Just can’t get my eyes and brain to consider it a desirable bike. My first thought when I saw it was “**** that’s fugly”. My reaction today is still the same. It’s just styling for me. I hate the front end. From the side it looks fine but that Harley headlight and front end just don’t do it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, but still not appealing to me, also as the ktm bug eyes do not. As if I could afford such things.
Yep. I've never been a fan of the new look ktms. They look like praying mantises.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I always took looks of a new design with a grain of salt. I’ll ride ugly if it suits my needs. I’m not in it for what others think about what I ride looks to them, It’s more about how what I ride stirs my soul...

I am a fan of beautifully styled bikes (which is very subjective, of course) and therefore think pretty much all ADV bikes are ugly. The PanAm is no exception. That being said, when you're shopping in the adv market you pretty much have to throw styling tastes out the window. Adv bikes are built for a purpose and when you're fulfilling that purpose - riding the snot out of them over multiple surface types - you can't see how ugly they are. If the PanAm turns out to be a great bike, it won't matter what it looks like.

I am a fan of beautifully styled bikes (which is very subjective, of course) and therefore think pretty much all ADV bikes are ugly. The PanAm is no exception. That being said, when you're shopping in the adv market you pretty much have to throw styling tastes out the window. Adv bikes are built for a purpose and when you're fulfilling that purpose - riding the snot out of them over multiple surface types - you can't see how ugly they are. If the PanAm turns out to be a great bike, it won't matter what it looks like.
Yeah, at best, my GS looked cool from certain angles. About the only comparable new ADV that looks better to me is the Super Tenere. I still like dual headlights and adding a beak above the real front fender never made must sense to me.

Surprised nobody here made the test ride days in Bartonville and posted here about it.
Took a couple laps on one and was very impressed. This bike is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back