• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harley Project

The $2500 bike appraised at 25k.
It was a long slog, but it was worth it.

First outing, Make a Wish show, my bike was virtualy invisible.

017_5.jpg

Things got better at the next show.
A first AND a second. I didn't even know you could do that.

007_24.jpg

First place in Light Cruiser class went to a kid riding his Dad's stock Sportster.

I have another XLCR in the shed, a 78 needing full resto, but I just don't have it in me to do another.
It is 100% complete and clear title with letter of Authenticity from H-D.
Not sure what I will do with it.

I made some changes to the Factory paint.
I always said if I ever built an XLCR I would make it "Blacker", and I did.
I blacked out the lower fork legs, handlebars, kickstand, turn signals, rockers covers.
I had the exhaust system Cera-coated, which is an enamel coating, it is flawless.
My friend Kyle painted the tins in the piant booth at a FORD Dealership, where he runs the Body Shop.
The paint is unbelievable and 3 feet deep.
I installed Ru$$el stainless drilled discs on the front, and they look much better than the pizza pan originals.

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things . was thinking about you the other day when my son says he wants to go riding in the country , you'll prolly b e getting a pm from me about rolling to your place and scooting around a bit . Cool ?

donson , I wish I woulda pursued that 650 a little more aggressively . I'm glad you found it a good home where you can go get laid every once in a while when ya get the urge .

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things . was thinking about you the other day when my son says he wants to go riding in the country , you'll prolly b e getting a pm from me about rolling to your place and scooting around a bit . Cool ?

donson , I wish I woulda pursued that 650 a little more aggressively . I'm glad you found it a good home where you can go get laid every once in a while when ya get the urge .
Sounds good

holy guacamole, how did I miss this thread???? fantastic!!

I'm gathering things to get my '82 Sportster back on the road. moisture in the brake fluid for a long time really screwed things up.
one front caliper is so stuck, I just bought two new ones. hopefully the master will take the kit and work. same for the rear.
new Deka battery got here yesterday.

Back