• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harry On The Loop BBQ - Willow City, TX

Reaction score
Wife Terri, son Joseph and myself rode out to Willow City saturday Dec 14, 2004 to try that "Harry's on the loop BBQ" and visit enchanted rock on the way back.

Terry had been there before in 1973, the year we were married and had climbed to the summit, but neither I nor our sons had never been there.

We got to Harry's at 11:15 and had to wait till 11:30 when the BBQ was ready. I would suggest getting there later, when the brisket has a little more time to soften. We rated the beans as best, the potato salad (made with German fried potatoes), the sausage then the brisket. Only the jap-a-linos were left on our plate when we were done.
wc_harry1_small.jpg
wc_harry2_small.jpg
wc_harry3_small.jpg
wc_harry4_small.jpg

The restaurant was tiny, but artfully decorated with unusual objects and harry's witty saying. For example, the ladies room had a note near the john "Ladies: Please put all tissue in this basket. If we run out of tissue, feel free to recycle". Clearly, whoever decorated the gents and harlots bathrooms put considerable thought into it.

map here show the famous "Willow City Loop" and "wc" is the bbq spot http://tinyurl.com/ar7o4 with a trip report here http://tinyurl.com/e4lhg Make sure you are there when the blue bonnets are blooming. The bbq is better about 5pm

---------------------------------

[edit by John Bennett to comply with the forum rules.]

Harry's On The Loop
FM 1323, 3 miles east of Texas Highway 16
(On the South side of the Willow City Loop)
Willow City, TX
210-685-3553

I ate at Harry's twice in one trip - my first time and my last time. The "BBQ" was evidently made from old boots & Harry was a jerk.

Harry is not there to please people , He used to cook pork steaks on friday , they were tasty . I dont buy BBQ there . In fact I havent been thru there in a few years . SEYA

Harry is a hoot. You gotta be ready to expect he'll say anything that's on his mind.

Back