• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harry's BBQ in Willow City

Waco

Reaction score
Is back open. Frank is running the place now. He seems like a good guy. They don't have the kitchen open yet, but you can stop in for a cold drink. Some of the walls have been repainted, so if you couldn't find a spot for your signature before, now is your chance.

Stopped in couple weeks ago hoping to have a chat with Harry, found he'd moved on... Man never met a stranger.

Harry was the one reason I'd always stop, he was a hoot to talk to. Sounds like he's off enjoying the rest of his life, good on ya Harry. :clap:

Met the one of the new owners last time there, sounds like they will keep the tradition going.

I always stopped if I was in the area , Always for a cold drink and a little BS , If he had a pork steak on the grill I would settle for lunch . Its been a while since I have been out that way . SEYA

The new guy has some financial challenges. Apparently, he needs a pricey new septic system to get up to code and probably some other things before he can prepare and serve cooked food. He is thinking about bringing in someone with self-contained BBQ trailer as a temporary work-around.

The sewer system has been lacking for a while , it wasnt long ago that the outhouse was the place if you needed to and I would bet money that Harry didn't worry too much about rules . Maybe thats what I liked about him . SEYA

Rules, RULES??? Harry didn't need no steenk'n rules. :mrgreen:

I always got a kick out his greeting when he answered the phone.

HELLO! And I mean IT! :lol2:

Back