• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harvest Classic 10-22&23

Yeah the NRA bowed to the media pressure too!!! Oh well, I wasn't really interested in the Harvest thing anyway just wanted to ride and hangout.
Anybody want to meet up in Luckenbach anyway on that weekend?
I will be in the area for the BMW MOA Getaway in Kerrville based out of the Inn of the Hills.

We could meet up in Luckenbach about 10am Saturday and ride over to the Alamo Springs restaurant for lunch when they open at 11am.

I'll be around on Thursday evening and going home on Sunday, so I'll be able to ride some anyway. A little time out of Saturday won't hurt.

Stephen

And that's why we have full hospitals too, on top of tired and frustrated medical staff. There is still a pandemic out there. Believe it or not.
Then shut it down, why is one event different than others. This would have been a drop in the bucket compared to Aggie football.

The times I went to HC the area by bike show and food and refreshment and band is always so crowded on Saturday you have to weave throgh the crowd. There is always lines to get food or a drink. You cannot bring own beer and drinks. They sell longnecks and open them as you pay. The store by KOA is very crowded. Lots of people love old motorcycles and supporting a chidrens cancer charity. I like it because it is family oreinted compared to thjr RPT or Galveston ralley.
Next year, God willing I am going to Diamond Dons. The pictures look greay and I love old dirt bikes.
Anyway the Harvest Classic is good and hope it continues.

Then shut it down, why is one event different than others. This would have been a drop in the bucket compared to Aggie football.
I guess because there are too many cooks in the same pot with different opinions. I wonder too if their decision may be somewhat influenced by the fact the event is to benefit children with cancer which by definition may have a suppressed immune system, and to avoid any possible problems that could arise from the current public health situation they decided to cancel it.

I guess because there are too many cooks in the same pot with different opinions

I suspect it's because only a few thousand rag tag old motorcyclists will complain about cancelling the HC, and those complaints will be against the HC organizers. But if they shut down UT, A&M and high school football, they'd have a rebellion at the ballot box of millions of Texans, including plenty of Democrats.

I enjoy the Harvest Classic the years I have been and if they were being shut down by local government then I'd understand. Government hypocrisy is not their fault. But if they did this of their own volition, it will make it hard for me to support them in the future.

I suspect it's because only a few thousand rag tag old motorcyclists will complain about cancelling the HC, and those complaints will be against the HC organizers. But if they shut down UT, A&M and high school football, they'd have a rebellion at the ballot box of millions of Texans, including plenty of Democrats.

I enjoy the Harvest Classic the years I have been and if they were being shut down by local government then I'd understand. Government hypocrisy is not their fault. But if they did this of their own volition, it will make it hard for me to support them in the future.
I am not trying to agree or disagree with their decision, but I do respect it given the potential risks. Some people here have said that go there just for the ride and have something to do, they can still do that! I don’t believe boycotting their future rallies is something to consider given the cause they work for. We all need to respect each other’s opinions.

I am not trying to agree or disagree with their decision, but I do respect it given the potential risks. Some people here have said that go there just for the ride and have something to do, they can still do that! I don’t believe boycotting their future rallies is something to consider given the cause they work for. We all need to respect each other’s opinions.
Fair enough!

Last edited:
We aren't closing this and it is plenty fun and full of old cars and trucks My brother and I both enter our trucks. I like the Rat Rods.

Isn't there another MC event swap meet /show comming up in Fredericksburg ?

Thanks for the information about the car show. I will plan on riding up there.

We aren't closing this and it is plenty fun and full of old cars and trucks My brother and I both enter our trucks. I like the Rat Rods.

Isn't there another MC event swap meet /show comming up in Fredericksburg ?
I’ve always heard this was a great event. At Diamond Dons now. I would like to go but may be in NWA.

588F8BA0-EB7F-4F07-9BA7-EF902AFCF1DC.jpeg

This year last one it appears.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1658425441896.jpg
    FB_IMG_1658425441896.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 107
No clue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-130118_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220721-130118_Facebook.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 93
It is a good charity for children. Think 2019 was huge . We camped in only spot we could find, by the portable toilets. We got no sleep with spring loaded doors slamming all night. Then I heard thunder rumbling and I got up and started to put the rain fly on my tent. I looked up and I could see every Star in the sky. When the pump truck came on Saturday the smell would gag a magot. :)

Last edited:
I haven't been able to go for more than just the day the last few years since it's always during Formula 1 weekend at COTA. Looks like that will be the way again. Hope to camp there Saturday.
It used to be one of the highlight weekends of the year for me. I even entered bikes into the show a couple of times. Volunteered at the kitchen one year, it was a beating. Type 2 fun.

Very good trials event with WOW obstacles or whatever they call them. The Saturday night movie was always a good motorcycle movie. The antique bike show is my favorite.

I will miss the Harvest Classic. It is always interesting, I like doing the tiddler run, and it's scheduled in October when I am usually free to go.

If it is the last, I'll bump it up on my schedule.

Here is an unedited video of the tiddlers on one of the rides (2017):

EDIT: How about you guys post up pics and videos of the previous Harvest Classics? It might be the last.

Always a fun weekend, I am sure I will spend some time at this last one. Hope they have the trials event again.

Back