• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY Harvest Classic

I'll be there. I'm going to see if they'll let me ride my bicycle/trailer/Harbor Freight motor in the fun run. Anyone interested in a 3/4" cannon built by Borland Small Arms? I'm donating one for the auction. It's a horse drawn field cannon that weighs about 40#. Made of Oak and Steel.

Bought my ticket today. My good friend from Houston will be with me - like in the old days!

Always same weekend of Formula 1 :loco:
I'll probably go Friday and stay the night....then to F1 for me.

Pulled out the old Coleman tent and put it up on my porch. Haven't used it a while. Still all together, no bug holes, zippers work, and all the poles still have working elastic!

Is anyone from the Houston South area planning on going?

Pulled out the old Coleman tent and put it up on my porch. Haven't used it a while. Still all together, no bug holes, zippers work, and all the poles still have working elastic!
I pulled out a not-so-old tent from Walmart (their house brand) and the thing fell apart so I tossed it. Used it once a few years ago and it was in storage since. I now own a Coleman brand and a Truck Tent by Napier which is quality and IS lasting. Alas, I haven't tent camped in 3 years but hope to again (not with my wife, she'd rather be in our travel trailer with AC).

I'm off work that weekend and have never been (Oct 22-23) so it's on my calendar. Maybe my wife would like to come too. There's Altstadt Brewery in Fredericksburg that we've been wanting to go to, it's a 2 hour drive though. It's on the calendar!

Yes. I rec'd an email from Russel this evening telling me that.

Dear Rally Friend,
We are extremely sorry to let you know that we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Harvest Classic Rally.

Confirmed Covid cases, hospitalizations, and deaths continue to rise, and are expected to peak in October. I am just recovering from Covid, and we have another Rally team-member who is still battling it. It feels like we are surrounded by this **** virus.

Many festivals and events are requiring proof of vaccination as a prerequisite for entry. As a team, we explored this option, but decided against it for multiple reasons. So we made the very hard decision to place the 2021 Harvest Classic rally in “quarantine,” and focus all of our efforts on planning a great rally for 2022. We are all disappointed, and none of us are happy with this decision. The bottom line is that we don’t want anyone to get sick because they attended the Harvest Classic Rally.

We really appreciate your support and pre-registration for the Harvest Classic. Since we are placing the Rally in quarantine, you have a couple of options.
● The best option is that you do nothing, and let your current level of registration roll. We send you a super-rare Quarantine Harvest Classic shirt and poster, and then forward the remainder of your generous contribution directly to the Candlelighters program of Any Baby Can. This program is still providing life-saving services to families battling childhood cancer during Covid, and needs our support. With your help, we can still make a contribution this year to this amazing cause.
● The other option is that we give you a full refund with no problem, no judgment, just thanks and appreciation for your intended support of the Harvest Classic. Just follow the registration link to the Eventbrite page, and request a refund.

Thanks for everything that you have done to support the Rally in the past, the present, and the future. We can’t wait to see your faces in Luckenbach in 2022.

Regards,
Russell Duke and the Harvest Classic Rally team

Of all the lies the gubmint has been telling us about illnesses since the infamous (but too little known) Tuskegee experiment, why anyone would believe what they say without a good dose of suspicion is beyond me. They've changed the story on COVID more time than I've changed socks this year.

Yep. Please tell him he's lost this American for good.

He might be having a little more problem fighting it off than you. Everyone is different. My niece, nephew and brother didn't succeed. I hope the two of you are more successful.

Sorry about your loss. I lost people too. Doesn't mean I plan to shut my life down.

Back